“Great Beer, Decent Food but high prices, Stick to the Burgers” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Anghiari, Italy
“Great Beer, Decent Food but high prices, Stick to the Burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This place has a very nice beer selection, some of it brewed on site. The rest of our party all had burgers, both veggie and meat, and seemed satisfied. I made the mistake of ordering Mussels, which were ok, but left me wanting for something more. I actually ordered arabiatta style, so I was expecting at least a little kick. I had others in the party try them to see what they thought and they agreed that there was no spiceyness going on at all. The sauce was decent and dipping in the garlic toast points was the higlight of the mean. We had a hummus appetizer, which was excellent. Way better than my meal.

Visited March 2014

Middletown, Connecticut
“Outstanding as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

A trip in the area will always mean dining here. The food is fantastic, the people friendly and the location perfect. Farm fresh/farm to table is worth paying a little extra for, not that the prices are that much higher.

Heady Topper available at the bar. We had chicken wings (that are NOT deep fried!), to start. My wife had the mac and cheese (she always gets this here and says that nobody makes it better) while I had a burger. Great food. You need to come here and be a fan.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Chocolate Port Cake!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited on a Friday night; expect a 30 minute wait. This is well worth it, though. The atmosphere has positive energy, yet it is relaxing at the same time. The staff was fabulous; very patient for me to make a decision. My husband enjoyed his dinner special so much that he ordered a second plate of it! Farmhouse has local craft beers and specialty brews, and local products(meats, cheeses, vegetables).

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Best burger in Burlington...and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I want really good burger and an awesome beer, Farmhouse is where I go every time! The quality, service and atmosphere can't be beat! The salads and specials are always worth a try. We have never had a bad meal there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“good food but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ate lunch at the Farmhouse Tap & Grill. We were able to call in for reservations & were seated as soon as we arrived. The service was prompt, the server friendly & we enjoyed our meal. It is definitely a place for the younger generation & those who love to try new & different beers. We're not either, but were glad we tried it. My sandwich was enough for 2 meals. The french fries were nothing special but the beef in my sandwich was delicious. The best part was that most of what they serve is locally grown.

• Visited February 2014