“A must when visiting Burlington” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 210 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Middletown, Connecticut
“A must when visiting Burlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a few people tell me that this was a place to go while I was visiting VT and I must say that they were correct. It was a Thursday and the place was jumping. I thought it was odd at first that the bar is down in the basement but it really is a great idea! They have many local beers from which to choose and we both ordered and sat by the fire for our brief wait. After a short time we were called up and seated. The menu boasts a lot of fresh local food. I opted for a burger while my wife ordered the Mac and Cheese. My burger was juicy and flavorful while her's was not as cheesy as most (and that's a good thing) and sooo tasty. You owe it to yourself to come here.

Burlington, Vermont
“Simple, good, local food-- prepared expertly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Some other reviewer complained that there's not enough choice on the menu. Seriously? Look, this isn't Vermont Pub & Brewery, this is ACTUALLY a good restaurant. And as any good chef will tell you, part of maintaining a high quality experience for diners is to keep the menu simple. Every restaurant doesn't need to have 40 things on their menu-- this is a weird American thing to want to cram every possible thing into one place (like Walmart).

I for one appreciate that Farmhouse knows what it does well and sticks to it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Refined casual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late on a Sunday night, we were surprised to discover a twenty minute wait for a table. The host greeted us mentioning the wait time most of the evening was over an hour. We also were told that the restaurant is ranked by USA Today as having one of the "Top 51 Burgers in the Country". Friendly service, but disengaged waitstaff in only pointing out the menu and specials, not recommending anything.
Food arrived along with a condiment basket containing ketchup, stone ground mustard, hot sauce, and garlic aioli; it was tough to find a good match with the homemade French fries. Both burgers (one beef and the other turkey) were quickly finished....leaving us with no room for the locally sourced dessert options (and feeling a bit uncomfortable because our plates were cleaned)
The restaurant does a good job recognizing the local farms that supplies their produce, meat, and cheeses. There is also an extensive beer list to select from.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If in the town the Farm House is a must stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

For a Micro Brew Pub this place takes it to the next level. The beers all were very good but it was the food that makes the Farm House outstanding. With much of the food from the local area everything was fresh. I had the beets and goat cheese ( Blue Ledge Goat Cheese) with a touch of scallions it was very very good. The burgers here are some of the best ground beef and once again local that I have ever had. This place does get very busy but I have never been to Brew pub where the food is this good. Service staff were great but very busy. They also have some very nice cheese plates as well.

Rockville, Maryland
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I first read of this restaurant in Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal Vegetable Miracle". At that time I pictured it as a casual burger place or diner. Years later I found myself in Burlington and remembered it, and it turns out to be pretty upscale. They only accept reservations for large groups, so on a snowy Sat night we took our chance and had an hour's wait. However, the location is just off the Church St pedestrian mall so the wait was an opportunity to explore the area and it worked out well. Both the hosting staff and waitstaff were great, and unusally respectful and pleasant to my 3 (school aged) children especially considering the Sat night crowd was mainly young adults. We had biscuits and onion rings as "snacks", and the biscuits were so good we ordered a second set. Also had very nice salads, and several of the "half" beers whch was a great option that's not often available, and allowed us to explore more of the extensive beer menu. For the main dish, our orders included a burger, a sausage, mac and cheese. I thought the meat stood out more than the mac and cheese dish though it was good too. In the end we paid $150 for everything (including alcohol, tax and a 20% tip) which was equal or less to what I've spent for lesser meals.