“Lots of Creepy fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 25 Attractions in Burlington
Type: Tours, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Chosen by Yankee Magazine this year as one of the best attractions in New England, Queen City Ghostwalk offers up plenty of history, mystery and spooky fun. Tour creator Thea Lewis, author of "Haunted Burlington: Spirits of Vermont's Queen City", "Ghosts and Legends of Lake Champlain", and "Haunted Inns and Ghostly Getaways of Vermont", is renowned as the area's foremost authority on Burlington's ghostly lore. She brings guests on a journey back in time, introduces them to local legends, and paints a chilling picture of Burlington long ago. Tours include Burlington's downtown, wicked waterfront, local cemeteries, and spirits at the University of Vermont. Tickets for all tours are available at FlynnTix Regional Box Office.
Williston
“Lots of Creepy fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you like being told ghost stories in a great New England town, then this is for you. We started at the city hall park, walked around hearing spooky stories of the towns history. I just let my imagination take me through time.

Vermont
7 attraction reviews
“Really fun! A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We are local and have been meaning to do this tour for a while, and finally did! The stories and history are great! So much fun, I am recommending to all my friends! The nip in the air made it even more spooky!

Williston, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
“Hauntingly Informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thea Lewis was our guide and I must say she is a very captivating story teller. I've lived in the area for 18 years and I did not know many of the interesting historical tidbits of downtown Burlington. Also, I have been on other so-called ghost-tours in different cities and she is definitely more credible and interesting than the others. I highly recommend the tour. I also like the fact that she uses a mic so everyone can hear her and is great with a larger crowd.

Visited September 2013
Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Really fun and interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I recommend the Darkness Falls tour to anyone looking for something interesting and out of the ordinary in Burlington. Thea's an engaging presenter and the stories are well told. Our 8 year old daughter had a really great time as well. A really good time.

Millersville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We went to Burlington last weekend for a music festival. The night before, we were bored and looking for something to do. Considering I'm a ghost tour guide here in PA, we thought it would be nice to check out a different tour. I didn't have high hopes, because I've been on plenty of awful tours, but Thea really impressed me. She was witty, knowledgeable, personable and just the right amount of spooky. The tour isn't designed to scare people, but to give the history of Burlington, blended with the unseen happenings that the history books leave out. I highly recommend the tour to anyone who visits Burlington. Two thumbs up for Thea and the Queen City Ghost Walk!

Visited September 2013