“Great meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bluebird Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 210 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bank St, Burlington, VT
Transit: Located in the heart of downtown Burlington Bluebird Tavern can be accessed by CCTA bus services.
Description: At Bluebird Tavern our inventive New England Style cuisine is centered on farm fresh Vermont ingredients in a casual but elegant setting. Founded in 2009, Bluebird Tavern has been recognized by Bon Appetit Magazine, Food & Wine Magazine, and by the James Beard Foundation. Located in the heart of downtown Burlington, one block off of the Church St Marketplace, Bluebird Tavern offers a large bar area, open kitchen, chef's table, and an intimate dining room. Our cuisine is centered New England classics with a French and Italian influence. Fresh seafood straight from the docks in Boston, hand made pastas, and traditional tavern offerings such as our double burger are anchors of the Bluebird Tavern menu.
Colchester, Vt
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner in December 2012. It was our first time there. We had the Pork Shoulder and it was very good. We still comment on how tasty it was. For dessert we split the Pumpkin Spice Cake. We plan to go back for the Sunday brunch soon. We liked the location, right next to the parking garage and one block from Church St.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jim H, General Manager at Bluebird Tavern, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hi lindabn,
I am so glad you chose to come dine with us. It is great to read that you enjoyed the pork shoulder and the spice cake. I just wanted to say thank you for your review and kind words. I hope to see you soon at brunch.
Thanks again,
Jim
jim@bluebirdvermont.com

Providence, RI
“over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We wanted to have a very nice dinner for 2013 New Year's Eve and asked for the recommendation from our B&B host. Bluebird Tavern was one of their 3 suggestions.

The service was very good. However, the food quality and interior decoration did not meet our expectation. The food (arugula salad, chicken pie, bread) is not exceptional for the price. The food selection is very limited too. In general, we were disappointed. I would not come back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sbbtv, Owner at Bluebird Tavern, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hello Heidan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your experience at Bluebird Tavern and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our number one goal is to ensure that all of our guests leave happy and satisfied.

If you would like to continue the conversation so that our team at Bluebird can improve our services and offerings please email me at sue@bluebirdvermont.com - we really appreciate your critique and feedback.

Again I am sorry we let you down on such an important night as New Years Eve,
Sue
Burlington, Vermont
“Something Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you're headed to the Bluebird Tavern to simply knock back a few beers over quick grub, you might be disappointed. If you are looking for a cozy, attentive culinary experience, you've come to the right place. Is it a tad spendy? Sometimes, but, I consider visits to Bluebird the gastronomic equivalent of a spa visit. I'll fork over a little more to treat myself. I love the soups and small plates and rave to customers, ( I own a tour company in B-Town) and locals about the poutine. I'm always delighted to see the interesting beverages offered. The waitstaff has never been less than charming and accommodating. I'm a huge fan.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jake Z, Manager at Bluebird Tavern, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello MsLew!

Glad to hear such kind words coming from a fellow Burlingtonian. I would like to thank you for your post regarding the Bluebird Tavern. We are always trying to bring something new to Burlington with our ever changing menu (both food & drink). We agree that everyone deserves to treat themselves, especially around this time of year. I found your comparison to a trip to the spa to fit our personal view of the Tavern exactly.

Hope to see you soon,
- Jake Ziemlak
Manager
802-540-1786
Washington, DC
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The chef is definitely working it here -- pumpkin gnocchi, what a good idea! The price point is just a little too high, I left feeling like it was not a great value.

Visited October 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

IMO, this "it" Burlington tavern is overpriced without variety. Maybe I just don't get "it." The food is not worth it, and drinks are expensive.

Visited November 2011