“Treated very well” 5 of 5 stars

Bike Path Restore
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
“Treated very well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I came to this Hilton without a reservation but was treated like a four star guest. A beautiful room with a view of Lake Champlain and a decent room rate. Would definitely stay here again. Downtown in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Jill,

Thank you for writing this great review about the Hilton Burlington. I look forward to having you back as my guest soon.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed there the night before leaving for our flight the next morning. When we arrived we had a really odd shaped small room that is situated next to the elevators. I figured I can handle this it's only one night and we leave the next morning. The longer I laid there the more you noticed that you can hear everyone getting off and on the elevator and thought I won't be able to sleep. We left to walk around town and grab dinner and when we came back we asked the front desk if there was any way they could change the room.
Seannan, who was at the front desk, tried to accommodate us but they were sold out for the evening. There was one room left that someone had smoked in and they were trying to air out but it was bigger and had a lake view. Will took us up to take a look at it and it was great.
Seannan also offered us full breakfast.
Overall, the location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing and got a good night rest for travel the next day. The staff were friendly and helpful. Seannan, especially, handled our issue perfectly. We're looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to stay away from rooms that end in 14. example, room #414 is next to the elevator and is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that your room worked out well. Seanan is a A+ player on our team who is a true hospitality leader.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Hilton in Burlington was fabulous. I would definitely stay there again. It was in a great location. Very clean. The receptionist at check in was very helpful with a list of things to do and restaurants to dine at for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this great review of the Hilton Burlington. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

sashabell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We paid $309/nt for nothing special. The hotel was clearly not filled to capacity, yet we were charged what I consider a NYC rate. Nothing special. We even had to ask for shampoo. Clean, yes. Worth $300?? No way. The location was good, and the view was nice, and I guess that's what we get for deciding to book last minute. I will say that the young-ish guy who checked us in was super professional and polite.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Burlington. I trust my team was able to satisfy any issues with your room. We have a renovation planned for later this year. I hope to have you back as our guest so I can show you our upgrades.

General Manger
Spring Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a lake view two-queen-beds room that was very nice for my husband and me, my mom, and my 12-year-old daughter. I thought the cost was high for off-season in a college town ($325/night when all was said and done), but the place was full, so I suppose that's market rate. The location was FANTASTIC: a short walk to ECHO (Burlington's super and acquarium) and the bike path around Lake Champlain, as well as 2 places for renting bikes. The Saturday farmers market and lots of pubs and restaurants were also in easy walking distance, as was a GREAT fair-trade store where we got some wonderfully-made baskets for reasonable prices.

The pool on the Saturday night of our stay was very nice: not too crowded for fun, and very clean but not overwhelmingly chlorinated. It was not available for laps at that time, but great for our daughter and me.

Room Tip: Definitely get lake view: it's beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for this nice review. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Jaffrey, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recently stayed over the 4th. The hotel is fine for sleeping, the location is great for the bike path and Burlington Harbor, as well as Church St. Charging for in room internet is a drag, the room had no refrigerator as most hotels do now. The competition for the Hilton from the Marriott right next door and the brand new Hotel Vermont, right around the corner is going to push them to improve of expect consequences. Beds are comfy, bath towels are nice and big.....but the rooms are a bit small. Lastly, charging 16 bucks for a breakfast buffet........all I can say is cha ching.

Room Tip: Corner room or lake view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review Richard. I am happy to inform you that we do have plans to upgrade and renovate this year. I hope to show you our improvements when you return.

Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I wanted one night to ourselves in Burlington, without kids. We wanted to splurge and feel a little pampered.

The Hilton is nice enough, but we paid about $330/night (including taxes/fees) for a "lake view" room (2nd floor- mostly saw the street) and Wifi. I've paid less at a Hampton Inn and had a nicer experience. I expected more from a Hilton.

Pros:
-Nice sheets, lots of pillows
-Big TV
-Updated fixtures in the bathroom
-Pretty clean

Cons:
-Having to pay anything for crappy Wifi in 2013 is kind of crazy
-TV was weird/funky
-The creamers in our room were spoiled
-No refrigerator (we didn't request it, but we expected it...again, for $300/night...)

So, overall: if I wanted what I got at the Hilton, I'd stay somewhere cheaper. It wasn't the worst, just not what we expected for $330.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us.We pride ourselves on providing outstanding guest service. Please let me know should you be back in our area as I would like to make this up to you.

Jeff Webb

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!