“Nice hotel, GREAT location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates Starting at $139
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Spring Valley, New York
“Nice hotel, GREAT location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a lake view two-queen-beds room that was very nice for my husband and me, my mom, and my 12-year-old daughter. I thought the cost was high for off-season in a college town ($325/night when all was said and done), but the place was full, so I suppose that's market rate. The location was FANTASTIC: a short walk to ECHO (Burlington's super and acquarium) and the bike path around Lake Champlain, as well as 2 places for renting bikes. The Saturday farmers market and lots of pubs and restaurants were also in easy walking distance, as was a GREAT fair-trade store where we got some wonderfully-made baskets for reasonable prices.

The pool on the Saturday night of our stay was very nice: not too crowded for fun, and very clean but not overwhelmingly chlorinated. It was not available for laps at that time, but great for our daughter and me.

Room Tip: Definitely get lake view: it's beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for this nice review. I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recently stayed over the 4th. The hotel is fine for sleeping, the location is great for the bike path and Burlington Harbor, as well as Church St. Charging for in room internet is a drag, the room had no refrigerator as most hotels do now. The competition for the Hilton from the Marriott right next door and the brand new Hotel Vermont, right around the corner is going to push them to improve of expect consequences. Beds are comfy, bath towels are nice and big.....but the rooms are a bit small. Lastly, charging 16 bucks for a breakfast buffet........all I can say is cha ching.

Room Tip: Corner room or lake view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review Richard. I am happy to inform you that we do have plans to upgrade and renovate this year. I hope to show you our improvements when you return.

Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I wanted one night to ourselves in Burlington, without kids. We wanted to splurge and feel a little pampered.

The Hilton is nice enough, but we paid about $330/night (including taxes/fees) for a "lake view" room (2nd floor- mostly saw the street) and Wifi. I've paid less at a Hampton Inn and had a nicer experience. I expected more from a Hilton.

Pros:
-Nice sheets, lots of pillows
-Big TV
-Updated fixtures in the bathroom
-Pretty clean

Cons:
-Having to pay anything for crappy Wifi in 2013 is kind of crazy
-TV was weird/funky
-The creamers in our room were spoiled
-No refrigerator (we didn't request it, but we expected it...again, for $300/night...)

So, overall: if I wanted what I got at the Hilton, I'd stay somewhere cheaper. It wasn't the worst, just not what we expected for $330.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us.We pride ourselves on providing outstanding guest service. Please let me know should you be back in our area as I would like to make this up to you.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It may be clean but that is where it ends. Rooms are small and dingy. ar area is small and sad. It needs a major facelift. Internet is troublesome on no in room movies Go to the new Marriott Courtyard next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for the review Paul. I am happy to inform you that we have a major renovation planed this year. I hope to show you our new hotel when you are back in wonderful Burlington

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

i read the other reviews and everybody is right. the staff is super nice, the rooms are comfy with great beds and all what you need. yes, the furniture is a bit beaten on the corners. yes, the bathrooms could be a bit updated., and yes, we had to wait a bit for our room. . i travel a lot! and ,in the grand scheme of things, it is very comfortable, i am very pleased . . and THE VIEW.. wow.. my daughter lives in burlington and we went to all kind of nice victorian B&B in the past..but none have this view.. i am giving up happily all the victorian niceties for this fantastic view of lake champlain.

this was called the Radisson before. Now it is the Hilton and we were told they have plans to make it spiffy.. stay tuned. in the mean time, it is perfectly fine as it is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this kind review. I hope that you will be returning and will see the many upgrades that we have planed.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 4 night stay and we wouldrate this hotel as so-so. The pluses are location and parking which allows you to go in and out. Location is very accessible for walking waterfront and downtown. In the morning they have complementary coffee (greene mountain brand) in the lobby. The hotel is older and could use updating. Beds not as plush as expected. Housekeeping not as good as it should be. The first and second day they knocked on the door at 9 ish despite the do not disturb sign, the second day they didn't really clean that well leaving glasses and cups behind and the third day we returned at five and they had not cleaned at all. We complained and they did get it done. The front desk asked if we had left the do not disturb sign on which we had not. In fact the sign hardly would stay on at all. As far as location there are two other hotels right next door so there are plenty of choices. At least one of these is brand new and appears to be high end. The other problem is they do not have free wireless in rooms (though the other two do). We did get it when I mentioned that we had Hilton honors but it is defintely time to update this policy. I think people who stay one night might be better satisfied but I expect better for price and name of the brand. We travel to Burlington at least once a year and I think I would skip this one next time. If you aren't picky about location I think you can find a better room for a cheaper price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to inform you that we are renovating later this year. I hope that you will return and let me show you our new hotel and provide a more pleasant experience.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were driving to Boston, MA and decided to break up the trip half way. We found a great deal on Price Line so it was a no brainer. This hotel is usually over $200 a night which seems pricey but I guess not for the Hilton name or because Burlington only has a small selection so they can jack up their price.
Overall, hotel was very nice and clean. Staff at the front desk was friendly and informative as we wanted to go out and see some night life.
Rooms were clean. A/C worked.
No safe in the room.
Quiet area of town but walkable to nightlife activities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank for the great review for the Hilton Burlington. Our team enjoys hearing from our guest about their wonderful weekend here with us.

General Manger

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!