“Lake Champlain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Hamden, United States
“Lake Champlain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Overall very good experience, crappy weather during our stay, but able to enjoy our stay. Hilton still met majority of our requirement. Walking distance to lake Champlain and Church street, enjoyed many restaurants in the area and never ending activities. Our stay in our hotel with lake view and the cruise around the lake was the best part of our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. It is too bad about the weather but I am glad you still enjoyed your stay.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had just come from a long week on the road and an awful previous night at another "discount" brand and this place was a welcome surprise. The location is amazing and it was a great value in a beautiful city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for this kind review of the Hilton Burlington. We are very pleased to have had you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.

syracuse ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Let me say first and foremost, the staff was friendly, accommodating, and efficient. That said, I was shocked at the pricetag for this property. This hotel is oddly configured, and my room seemed like an afterthough, in both design and cleanliness. There was a lot of dust in the corners and hanging from a wall. It may be because this room is rarely sold, or whatever, but it just seemed like a strange design. I wouldn't say this is a make or break for this hotel, but I just was surprised, considering the Hilton brand. $200/night for a Thursday seemed excessive too, w/o free wireless internet. I'm not entirely familiar with Burlington, but I did see a lot of motels and hotels on my ride into town, so you have choices. Based on other reviews I'm seeing here, other people love this property. I just don't see it, my two cents.

Room Tip: Seek a lake view room, higher up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am not sure what room that you are referencing but I hope you will let us know when you are back in the Burlington area. We have a few room layouts and I am sure we can find one that you will like should you return.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My Mom and I traveled to Burlington, Vermont for a 80th birthday celebration. We stayed at the Hilton Burlington. I really feel we were spoiled to the excellent service and treatment we received. A complimentary shuttle service picked us up at the airport and brought us to the hotel. We arrived much earlier than check-in time, and we were allowed to check in. The woman at the front desk was probably most pleasant person I've encountered at a hotel's front desk. We went to our rooms to find them spotless. We had a coffeemaker in our room, which was great, but we just got off the airplane and wanted something to eat. So we went to the restaurant in the hotel. The food and service in the restaurant were superb! We decided to eat breakfast in the restaurant every morning we were in the hotel, and I assure you, we did not regret our decision. The food was wonderful, the coffee always hot, and we always received a complimentary bottle of water to take with us.

Now, for the location of the Hilton Burlington, what can I say except it's the best location you can possibly have in Burlington. Church street is just a few blocks away. There are shops for shopping there; you'll find places to sit down and dine or grab a quick snack. A jazz festival was going on, as was entertainment from I would imagine a local group. I was able to attend Mass at the Catholic Church that is just a block away from the Hotel. You can walk from the hotel right across the street and down a path which will take you to the lake. My Mom really enjoyed the walk and just strolling along the lake. The people we encountered on our way were friendly, each greeting us with a 'hello' or stopping just to chat with us.

I had a great stay at Hilton Burlington. When I visit Burlington again, I will definitely stay at the Hilton. The hotel offered some of the best service I've ever received. Clean, comfort, ideal location, lots of activities right in the vicinity of the hotel--you can't ask for a better hotel!

Room Tip: We were on a higher floor but had a city view. There really was no view of the city, though. Our roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The Hilton Burlington team was honored to have you and your mother celebrate her birthday with us. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon.

Victor, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My son's wedding reception was here. The attention to detail, both during the planning and then the event itself was evident everywhere! Thank you to our planner, Emma, and the staff that helped to make this seem like an effortless event.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Congratulation on your son’s wedding. We enjoyed having such a nice family as our guest. Emma is an outstanding team member and I will be sure to thank her for a job well done.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is THE place to stay in Burlington. The view alone would make it worth the extra you pay to stay here, but the staff is extremely accommodating, and the breakfast is very good. You cannot beat the views- spring for the Lake View and ask for a high floor. You won't be disappointed. It is breathtaking!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you return as our guest soon.

Blairstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you can get a room lakeside, you will not be disappointed! The views of the sunrise/sunset are perfect. The rooms are clean, modern and very roomy. Same with the bathrooms. All the staff we encountered were friendly, outgoing and willing to help in any way. The gym facilities are adequate. The breakfast buffet is decent and the bar is good for a nightcap. It is a great location to walk to Church Street and to take in the lake front.

Room Tip: Lakefront all the way!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for this great review of the Hilton Burlington. We are very proud of our team here and appreciate working in such a great location.

Jeff Webb

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!