“Tired” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Burlington
Fishkill
“Tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lumpy mattress - I always think that says it all in a hotel review. The pillows were horrible and the room temp was not easily adjusted. I like it cool at night and the room never seemed to cool off and since the blanket was heavy - I was not a happy camper. Right now I am laying in bed writing this sweating while the temp is set to 63 degrees....

That said, when my husband and I arrived, they gave us a room that I could only describe as the smallest hotel room I have ever seen and I have been traveling for 30 years. My husband who is usually oblivious was even startled. There was not even a desk in it - no room for it. Just barely room for a queen-sized bed. Queen sized bed??? In a Hilton??? To their credit, they did find another room for us because another guest had just cancelled.

It was 27 degrees outside and the pool water was not even warm. (Of course, all the screaming kids loved it anyway but that, of course, is not Hilton's fault.)

The bathroom and shower were very nice. But, if you don't get a water view (and only half the rooms face the water - the other half face the parking garage), it's not really worth it. The exercise room has a nice view of the water though.

Hilton - get new mattresses and pillows!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a water view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you did not get a good night’s rest. I will look at our guest logs and be sure to follow up on the heating and cooling controls in the room that you were in. I will also look at the bed as they are relatively new and should not feel lumpy. I am sure my team addressed these issues and I look forward to having you return as my guest.

General Manager.

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hotel staff was great. Location convenient. Clean room and lobby. No fridge in room. Lakeview was beautiful. Not a super fancy hotel but cleanliness and convenience are most important to me. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Lakeview, higher floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review of the Hilton Burlington. Our team is the best and it is rewarding when our work is complimented. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

good location fist time to burlington vermont but just clean the bed and the rug good place for honeymoon , the staff is happy and for the 20 th anniversary the lady marie and tue hilton restaurant staff are great sent to me and my wife a card very nice we apprecie that we recommend the place we go back july thank you michael

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this nice review of the Hilton Burlington VT. It is a wonderful place for a honeymoon our anniversary. Please let me know when you next special occasion is.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very disappointing hotel, not a Hilton caliber property. Nice view, pet friendly, nice staff, but a dump. Room layout is lousy, can' open the windows, furnace is obnoxiously noisy, miniature sink, bathroom freezing cold. I will stop there and let the pictures speak for themselves...filthy dirty!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the layout and cleanliness of our hotel rooms. Our housekeeping team typically does an outstanding job and I am sorry if we may have missed something. I truly hope that you made us aware of this during your stay in order to allow us to make it right. Should you be returning to Burlington please let me know as we have many room types and layouts and perhaps I can find something more to your liking.

Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good location right by the lake on Battery Street. Make sure to walk to Trattoria Delia for dinner. Lake view room if possible -pay a little extra :-) Rooms comfortable and medium sized. Beds and pillows exceptional. Top notch La Vazza coffee available in room for a good morning start. No complaints at all and my first choice when visiting Burlington.

Room Tip: Lake View King
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Burlington VT. Our lake view rooms are spectacular and well worth the upgrade. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

POUGHQUAG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Vermont for Mardi Gras and had a great time. Great restaurants and plenty of specialty beers all with in walking distance from this Hotel. The Hotel itself was excellent. Across the street from the Lake and close to everything. Clean, modern, and the staff was very friendly/helpful. If I was forced to complain about something, it would be that they charge you for internet usage. Now a days many offer free wi-fi, at least in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you come back for next years Marti Gras.

Medway, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great location if you want something a little more upscale and closer to the action. The restaurant and bar on the first floor are comfortable and the food is really good. The bartender was friendly, if busy because he had no help. The bed was actually comfortable!!! Keep in mind the hotel doesn't have parking. The use a town run garage which is about $12 per day. They also do not provide breakfast and they charge for Internet.......(this is why I probably won't stay there again). Almost every other hotel chain in the surrounding area is almost as nice with free breakfast and Internet. $15 for one 24 hour period is extremely excessive. The proximity to downtown makes up for some of that, but as a business traveler I can't justify the expense.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake if possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. Burlington is a wonderful and I am happy that we were you hotel of choice.

General Manger

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!