“A Lifesaver During Bad Storm” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bike Path Restore
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Yakima, Washington
“A Lifesaver During Bad Storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here first week of Feb. 2013 after dropping son off freshman son at Middlebury College. Plane flight canceled due to "Storm Nemo" but this hotel had a "stranded traveler's rate" which was a livesaver as I could not fly out for another 4 days. Free airport shuttle, staff was over-the-top helpful and friendly, offering to put a refrigerator in my room and informing me of interesting things to do on a daily basis. Bar tenders popped my microwave popcorn every night! Very comfortable room with beautiful view of Lake Champlain, mall next door, art galleries and restaurants within walking distance, and science museum/aquarium right across the street. What could have been an unpleasant 4 days stuck on the opposite side of the country from home became a mini vacation of relaxation. Will definitely stay here when visiting son over next 4 years!

Room Tip: Definitely love the lake view room over Lake Champlain, I was on floor 7.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Burlington. I am sorry the storm delayed your travel but am pleased our team help provide a mini vacation. I look forward to meeting you in person while you visit your son.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This just does not seem like a real Hilton. The internet didn't work anywhere in the hotel. There was no executive lounge. The room was very cold and would just not warm up. Instead of a proper combination safe, the room came with a very old key-operated safe stuck at an odd angle in the bottom of a closet. It was very hard to get my laptop in and out of it, and I was nervous about keeping track of the key. The room was dark and dated, and the bathroom was tiny and cold. There was no fridge or minibar. The service at the front desk was lackadaisical. I'm sorry to sound so negative, because I really like the Hilton brand. But, this hotel just doesn't seem like it's truly a Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy being my guest. Our teams top priority is to provide comfort and care for our guest and have them depart with wonderful reviews to share. I truly hope that you will return as my guest.

Sincerely
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Chose the hotel based on it's location for shopping and dining as well as a base for day trips to nearby ski resorts. Stayed 3 nights and was very happy with all aspects. Check-in was seamless, all staff was helpful and friendly, front office/concierge staff provided good recommendations for dining options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Burlington. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our location and team of Hospitality professionals are the best. We hope to see you again soon.

Manhattan, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked last minute hotel room here during the winter break and loved it. Got upgraded to corner rooms and nice lake views. Also if you are going skiing or boarding its a nice spot to chose for nightlife and any northern vt ski resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are right we are a short drive to some great snowboarding. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manger
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid-February and were very pleased. The complimentary shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us directly to the hotel. Check-in was smooth and the staff was extremely friendly in helping us find a nearby restaurant. The sofa sleeper wasn't made up but a staff member came up nearly immediately to make it up for us. The room was tight with the sofa sleeper open but both that and the king-size bed were very comfortable.

The hotel is in an ideal location for downtown, the lakefront, and the University of Vermont.

Breakfast was fine--fairly standard--with again, very friendly staff. My only complaint there was that there was no herbal tea. Very small detail!

We arranged for the shuttle to take us to the airport but when we got downstairs, the woman at the front desk that day told us that the shuttle had gotten delayed at the airport but she had already called a cab that would take us at no charge. Nice personal service and we were very appreciative.

Will definitely stay here again if our son chooses to enroll at UVM.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this nice review of our team here at the Hilton Burlington. We enjoy receiving this kind of feedback as we take so much pride in our guest service.

Rutland, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I want to commend Ashliegh at the Front Desk on Sunday, Feb. 24 for exemplary customer service and sensitivity far above and beyond my expectations, or indeed anything I have received during my many experiences staying at Hilton, Hyatt, Westin and comparable hotels.
She responded with extraordinary compassion to a difficult situation that arose when I was checking out and attempted to use a Gift Card that my ex-husband had given me for the purpose of taking my son to a hockey tournament. The error was not Hilton's, and by explaining the situation clearly and offering a complimentary breakfast so I could afford to feed my son after I had to cover an unexpected room charge, she resolved an unfortuante and upsetting situation with positive results for my son. I want to express my gratitude to Ashliegh and to let Hilton's HR folks know that Ashliegh's strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve situations quickly are a tremendous asset to the organization and HIlton's guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for letting us know what a great job Ashleigh did while checking you in to our hotel. She is a great person to work with and truly cares about all of our guest.

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Rooms were clean and comfortabe. Thermostat was a bit confusing, but worked. Full cooked breakfast was great! The staff are very welcoming and friendly. Can walk to everywhere. Get a room that overlooks the lake. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review of the Hilton Burlington. I hope that you will return as my guest again soon.

Jeff Webb

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!