“Great view of Lake Champlain” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates Starting at $139
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Vermont
“Great view of Lake Champlain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed for mid-week anniversary mini-getaway. Greeted by charming staff, given a lovely room up high, overlooking sparkling Lake Champlain, with views of the harbor, waterfront and mountains to the west. Complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to our room. Located across from popular waterfront, easy walk to downdown and Church St for lots of great breakfast and dinner options, entertainment and shopping. Clean and comfortable room with extra touches. Super nice staff. Parking garage is adjacent, and extra, but it costs to park anywhere downtown.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Burlington. It sounds like you had a great time. Please come be our gust again soon.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had stayed here before and remember it being a little nicer. We were there for a conference that was fairly large so we thought we would have nice rooms. The room was clean, but very small. One especially annoying thing was that they had no hook to hang your clothes in the bathroom...very difficult because you had to lay your things on the sink counter. The next thing is that they charge for Internet access and it is kind of difficult to get connected especially if you had 2 people doing Internet work on the same charge. When we called the front desk we were given the feeling that we were somewhat of a bother and should have figured it out on our own. There were many other little things that were not right, like one of the elevators was out for two days, the restaurant was overpriced for breakfast with slow service. The location of the hotel is good, but I
feel for a Hilton Hotel and the price they need to be more accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. Please know that we have a number of different room layouts in a verity of sizes. I apologize that my teammate could not assist you with getting on the internet. Different devises may require a few extra steps in connecting and our internet support should have quickly been able to get this taken care of. I hope that when you return you see the many upgrades that our hotel has in the works.

General Manger
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We love Burlington and Church Street, I decided to step up and Book the Hilton because of its Location.. Location is all this Hotel has going for it..

Let's start With the Parking Garage, extra fees to Park $10.00. Ok no big deal, get to the Front Desk room wasn't ready. Keep in Mind it's after 4:00, about 4:30 we check back in. Grab our Keys.

We walk into a Boiler Room. Hot, Hot, couldn't open the windows. Finally the Air kicked on, this room more like a closet out dated, wasn't what I wanted to start our mini vacation with. Had to call down to the front desk to have a Roll Away Bed removed no room for our luggage!

I've stayed at Hiltons in Many Cities this one doesnt even come close to the quality.. It's like a Holiday Inn at Best.. $280 per night, no breakfast.. Marriott will be getting My business in the Future. This Property has gone down Hill.. Sorry to Say..

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for sharing. Our team of hospitality professionals enjoy the many positive reviews we get from our guest. We also appreciate your feedback and take it constructively as we are always looking to improve our guest experience. I hope my team explained the city’s parking situation. Both downtown hotels do not own or operate parking. This is operated by the city of Burlington. I also hope that you shared your feed back with our team while you were here. With the outstanding team we have I am sure we could have fixed any issue that would have kept you from enjoying your visit to Burlington. Please let me know when you return as we would like to have you back as our guest and inspire you to share a more positive experience.

Lisbon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton for a weekend trip. We had been given a gift certificate which was confusing when we were making our reservations. Once at the hotel, we were treated well but the clerk had to ask a supervisor how to handle the gift certificate. We had a beautiful lake view which was very clean. The only complaint we had was that there was a motor or something mechanical that ran every 15 seconds for about 10 seconds and then it would quit all night. At first, we thought it was the elevators but once we stood outside our room we could hear the difference. Needless to say we didn't sleep well. We asked the cleaning lady to listen to the noise and she didn't know what it was. She advised us to tell the front desk which we did at checkout. They were supposed to check it out.
We had also been given a bill, which we shouldn't have been given as our entire stay was covered by the gift certificate. When we checked out, Julia was very helpful in trying to figure out why we had received a bill. She got the manager, they figured it out, and we indeed did not owe anything.
Everyone was helpful and friendly including the waitresses and waiters in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was very good.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will stay there again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: The seventh floor has beautiful views of Lake Champlain.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you as well for letting us know about the noise issue. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

General Manger
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just returned from a weekend at the Hilton Burlington. From the moment we arrived we were treated with professionalism and kindness. The hotel is in the best part of town, steps from the water. Walking distance into town and to the best restaurants. The king room was fantastic with the most comfortable bed and lots of great down pillows. Flat screen TV, combo bath/shower and toilet in separate room; sink and mirror outside. High hat lighting above bed. Coffee maker in room.
On our way out to dinner Friday night there was a table with complimentary cookies being offerred. When we returned from dinner they were gone and we asked a very nice young man if there were any left. He said he would see what he could do and asked if we were in for the evening which we were. Five minutes later he knocked on our door with a tray of cookies (three kinds!!) and a glass of milk. Have stayed here before many times and would only stay here in the future. Exceeded our expectations. Well worth the price, even if it is expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of the Hilton Burlington. We are very proud of our team here as they are always looking for ways to go above and beyond our guest expectations.

Boston Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife, four year old daughter stayed at the Hilton Burlington for 3 nights (October 18th, 19th, 20th). We were in the area for a wedding.

Upon arrival on the 18th we were informed that the hotel was completely sold out and no upgrades were available (I am Hilton Gold so space available upgrades are provided). I was fine with this since I never expect an upgrade. I also however do not expect the level of room we were assigned to either. The moment the check in agent said we were assigned to a "pool room" I began to get concerned. I have read reviews on these rooms on Tripadvisor and they seem to be overwhelmingly unfavorable. I also do not like the fact that you get no natural light with these rooms and have no view of the outside. Ok, off to the room...

My concern grew as we made our way to the room (105). It seemed to be in a separate part of the hotel. Up some stairs and not accessible via elevator. The hall was very cramped and later would provide to be a loud, echo filled noise tunnel. The room with two queen beds was generally fine. It was VERY dark though because of lack of natural light and because of the fact the pool was right out our window it didn't feel private. Noise would prove to be the biggest problem though. Noise from the pool area, noise from the adjoining room (you could hear every word they said and it wasn't as though they were shouting), noise from the hallway. It was just an absolutely miserable night of sleep.

First thing in the morning I made my way down to reception and asked to be moved. I was expecting them to ask why I wanted to change rooms but they didn't. This is very telling to me. It tells me that they already knew why. It tells me that requests to be moved from these rooms are very common. It also tells me that these pool rooms should be offered at a lower rate or not at all. They are sub-par compared to the rest of the rooms in the hotel. I was informed that no other rooms were available but there should be something later in the day and they would call. Sure enough I received a call a little before noon giving me a couple options. I took a corner lake view room on the third floor. Off to the new room....

The new room (343) was also a two queen bed room. It had a beautiful view of Lake Champlain and was much larger, brighter and seemed fresher and newer. It truly was up to par with what I expect from a Hilton property.

A couple things stood out to me as odd. First there was no mini-bar in the rooms. We did have a fridge though which came in very handy since we were traveling with our 4 year old. Also, there were not pay movies or other services available on the TV (just limited cable channels). This doesn't make or break a stay but even lower end properties usually have these features (especially pay movies).

We ate breakfast three mornings at the hotel restaurant "Sixty Battery" and we all were pleased. We stuck to the buffet since it is an included Hilton Gold benefit. The chocolate chip scones were memorable! Beyond breakfast we didn't dine at the hotel because of all of the other fabulous near by choices.

The staff was incredible. Each and every one that we dealt with were just great. From the front desk staff to the restaurant staff to the bell staff...just wonderful and helpful.

Overall it was a good stay and would have been a GREAT stay if we didn't have to deal with the poor room the first night and then the hassle of moving the next day.

Room Tip: Run for the hills if you are assigned a "Pool Room".
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry you did not like the pool side room that you were first assigned. I am happy we were able to upgrade you to a wonderful lake view room. Thank you as well for your remarks about our team. They are truly an outstanding group who care very much about our guest.

Birmingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our tour of New England. Based on reviews from Trip Advisor, I asked for a west-facing upper-floor room; this turned out to be great advice. The views are superb, and being treated to a glorious sunset just after we arrived justified that advice. The staff were welcoming, full of useful advice and information, and helped make the stay very good. When I had booked the trip, I had advised all 5 hotels that the trip was a surprise present for my wife's birthday. Whilst many welcomed her with 'happy birthday', Hilton Burlington went one step further and a knock on the door whilst we were unpacking heralded the arrival of a Birthday Cake, courtesy of the hotel; that really is service.

Room Tip: West facing, upper floor for the best views of the Lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday trip. Our team at the Hilton Burlington loves to make these special occasions even better.

Jeff Webb

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!