“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Belfast
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am a regular Sheraton guest and this is a different style from the normal city center Sheraton's I am used to. Brilliant hotel, better than some of their older ones but my only comment would be its a long enough walk to Club Lounge and it was not signposted (I had to phone to ask). However it was the best club lounge I have ever seen and brand new. I was staying about 10 rooms from the lift and you had to walk to what seemed like across the entire hotel to get to it.

Room Tip: If on Club Level - further from lifts towards rear is closer to the Club Lounge
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This large hotel very near the University of Vermont Medical Center and not far from the historical center of Burlington, has recently remodeled rooms which are large with very comfortable beds and pillows. The hotel covers a large area and is spread out, then surrounded by a large parking lot. Some rooms have beautiful views of the mountains, while other rooms, even on the top fourth floor, have no view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Also, rooms on the executive floor are well worth the additional cost a...
Green Features: If you are a member of the Sheraton rewards program (Starwood), the hotel offers an extra 500 points if you do not want daily room cleaning service, but will provide additional towels on demand.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear RonFMiller,

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything that we can do for you in the future please let me know. Again thanks for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Marmora, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We usually stay at the Doubletree but the Sheraton was a wonderful alternative! The queen room was spacious and the beds were really comfortable. The convenience to the university was great. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2014
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Lvttx,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about your stay. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area.
Philadephia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staying here now with my company...
They are finishing up renovations and from the room I was in, someone has great taste! The room was also very large and clean.
Restaurant food was excellent and fresh and the gym is pretty well equipped and everything worked!
The negatives:
No sanitary wipes in the gym. That is inexcusable
They charge for Internet....
Otherwise a wonderful place!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Dean M,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about your stay. We are currently working through our Internet policy. Please let me know when you will be back in the area so that I can do something nice for you. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area.
Cornwall, ON, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As other reviews have stated, this is an older property that has recently gone through renovations--and is much improved for those renovations.
We were on Club Level with a room in the Mansfield Building (room 400) and an external view. Though the room was a bit dark, it was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Strangely, though the room was clearly newly renovated, the bathroom wallpaper seemed to have several smears of white paint at various points. It looked as if they had put in new wallpaper, and then only later painted the ceiling, which dripped white globs onto the wallpaper, and then the workers smeared the paint drips onto/into the wallpaper when trying to wipe it off--very odd!
The attendant in the Club Lounge was cheerful and warmly welcoming and a font of information for the local area--you could tell that she genuinely enjoyed interacting with the guests and wanted them to have a good stay. I did not learn her name, but she was a star employee.
The one truly odd moment was when we tried to use the Hotel Shuttle to take us downtown to the Church Street Marketplace for dinner at Church & Main (see separate review). I suspect that a hotel of this size could really use TWO shuttle vans, as the driver of the lone van seemed harried and unfriendly. After once ignoring us and driving off as soon as he dropped off other guests outside the hotel, the second encounter was no better.
As soon as we approached him, he launched into a ramble about how he had to go to the local hospital and collect a woman and then take her to the airport, which was in the wrong direction from downtown. I can only assume this woman he was collecting was a former guest of the Sheraton--that or the driver only freelances at the Sheraton and also does shuttle service for other companies or individuals as well. Regardless, it was very odd to be told that taking us downtown was inconvenient and too far out of his way--is that not his job? Why offer a service to your guests if it is too much trouble for the employee to fulfill?
Also, when we checked in we were asked by the Front Desk staff when we might be checking out, and we said 11am. Strangely, on our check-out day, the Housekeeping knocked loudly on our door at 8:05am and demanded to know when we were leaving. Why bother asking us at check-in, if you are just going to have the housekeepers bang on the door at 8am regardless of what we tell you? Strange...
Still, if you want a reliable roadside hotel that is recently upgraded, with a great Club Room staff and proximity to just about everything in Burlington, this is a good and relatively economical choice (we paid $114/night with a promotional rate).
I would be back, for the right price, but will rely on my own car to get me around town...

Room Tip: Club Level is the way to go...Free WiFi and a great breakfast and evening spread of food--worth the...
Green Features: You can agree to get 500 Starwood points in exchange for not having your room serviced each day. There was also a large recycling bin in the room.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear NYUCanadian,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was very pleased to see that you had a good stay with us. I also want to thank you for your constructive feedback about your room and your van / van driver experience. Please let me know when you will be back in the area, so that I can make things up you. We want to thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Thanks for your time.

Hawkesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I spent the last few days of our honeymoon on the Club Level. We enjoyed the lounge with its free snacks during the day and breakfast in the morning, which was very nice. The room was well appointed with comfortable beds.

On a disappointing note, I contacted the General Manager before our arrival about our stay being the last few days of our honeymoon and asked if there could be anything done to mark the occasion. In my email I made it very clear that we are a same gender couple. When we arrived back at the hotel after dinner there was a nice bottle of wine, but the note was addresses to Mr. And Mrs. The Sheridan, Burlington exhibits a lack of attention to guest requests.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DougR,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about your stay. I am personally sorry that I did not connect with you while you where hear. Please let me know when you will be back in the area so that I can make it up to you. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area.
Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel isn't new but nicely renovated.
Rooms aren't really big but big enough for a short stay.
Hotel lobby, hallways and room were clean and quiet.
Beds and pillows are very comfy.
Hotel is pet friendly without additionnal charge.
Staff was friendly and helpful at check-in and check-out.
Good location near highway 89, right by the UV campus and also close to downtown.
Really loved our stay.
Will be back.
PS: Wi-Fi is free is member of SPG (membership of SPG is free).

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ben0844,
Bill.

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!