“Rough start marred visit” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Burlington
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Rough start marred visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A bad first impression can be killer. My family and I stayed at the Sheraton after our go-to Burlington-area hotel lost our initial reservation. Desperate and lacking options, we were thankful for the fact SBHCC had availability during an otherwise wildly busy weekend. However, any relief was short-lived. Upon arrival, we were informed that our rooms were not quite ready despite the fact it was well past the 3:00 check in time. With no place to go to get ready, we were forced to get changed for our event in the lobby restroom. To me, this is unacceptable.

Ultimately, the individuals at the front desk were understanding and willing to compensate us for the inconvenience, and aside from this hiccup, the weekend went off without a hitch. The facilities are nice and the room was very comfortable. All in all, however, I don't predict this hotel moving to the top of my list anytime soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear NickB,

Thank you for send me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am sorry that you needed to wait for your room to be ready so that you could attend your function. I was glad to read that the rest of your stay went well. Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
East Greenbush, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel Saturday and Sunday night during Memorial Day weekend for the Burlington marathon. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was basic: 2 double beds and the bathroom was clean. The marathon packet pickup and expo were in the conference center and that made it very convenient for me on that very rainy weekend. The buses to the marathon start Sunday morning were great.

The kids had a great time at the hotel pool and I enjoyed relaxing in the pool and restaurant areas after the race. The hotel was very clean and you couldn't even tell that it was pet friendly.

I only have two issues with this hotel. First, WiFi was not free. Second, the food set up on the tiny table for runners before the race also was also not free. Both could have been included for the price I was paying for a room. Besides those issues, I had a great time and I will be back next year.

Dear XNYmom0f2x,

Thank you for taking time to send us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you had a great stay. We will on a better way to package our rooms and amenities better for next year. Thanks for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Background: Stayed two nights on Memorial Day weekend for Vermont Marathon with wife (runner) and two kids.

Cons: Expensive, but it was a holiday weekend with a big event taking place. No hot tub. No mini-fridge in standard rooms. No free WIFI.

Pros: Fantastic indoor pool and restaurant area. Spacious bar area with lots of tables. Early check-in success. Quick front desk service on a very busy day. Clean room, especially the bathroom. Good sidewalks leading to downtown Burlington (1.5 mile walk) and nearby (0.25 mi) shopping areas. Right off I-89.

Overall: Very satisfied. At $130/night, this Sheraton would be an outstanding value; sadly we payed a lot more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear ebreimer,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I want to thank you for choosing the Sheraton Burlington for your stay we truly appreciate your business.

Thanks again.

Sunderland, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

First off, let me say that we booked this room through a discount site. The lobby was very nice, clean and free of any clutter. We were given a room at the back of the hotel and we had to go through an unsecured exterior door and 2 interior doors to get to the corridor our room was on. When we arrived (around 4pm) there were still bags of garbage and dirty linen in the hallway, including a couple of bags right outside our door. Definitely not a good first impression. The room itself was a decent size and very clean. The door had pieces of the veneer pulled off, probably from a previous guest's dog. The bed was a typical hotel mattress, a little firm without much padding.

The hotel is very pet friendly, which was nice, as we were able to bring our dog with us. They do not charge a pet fee. However, the hotel does charge $9.95 a day for internet access. In this day and age, that is a ridiculous charge. All in all, it was a good stay, but I don't think we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear XRAYa411,

Thank you for taking time to send me feedback from your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I do appreciate that you liked our lobby experience but was disappointed to read that your guest room experience was just okay. We will be going through a complete room’s renovation in November of this year and look forward to our new experience Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you back in the future.

All the Best

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our son will be starting college in Burlington in the fall. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Sheraton and were quite pleased both times. The rooms are clean and fairly well appointed (although a clock with an iPhone/iPod dock would be nice). The services available are very good: fitness center, indoor pool, business center. It is convenient having a restaurant on premises for breakfast, although it is somewhat expensive. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Sriv726,

Thanks for the great comments you sent to TripAdvisor on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. We truly appreciate your business. Please keep in touch. We look forward to partnering with you for the next 4 years. See you soon.

All the best.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice hotel with what seemed like nice facilities. Welcome was warm, and even though I arrived early they managed to find me a room (which was good as I had to change for work). Hallways are a tad dated, as was room, with scuffs along walls and hallways. HOWEVER, they had a sign saying they were going to update, so this review might be a tad out of date in a few months.

My biggest issues were the wait for the airport shuttle (25+ minutes after my 1st call) and the Wifi charge. This is something that drives me nuts as a business traveller, I feel like I'm being nickle-and-dimed to death. Free Wifi in the common areas is nice and all, but less expensive hotels usually offer it free of charge (and yes, I know that cost is added to the room cost, but I don't mind).

That said, everyone working there was very nice, aside from a very slow bartender. Otherwise, a nice place to stay when visiting Burlington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michel93,

Thank you for sending me feedback from your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you had a good stay. I am sorry that the shuttle took so long. I did want to let you know that we will be going through a complete room’s renovation this fall. Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Ware, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

First, the positives of our stay:
Clean comfortable room
Friendly, accommodating staff
Very convenient location for our visit (we were in town for the KeyBank Vermont City Marathon, there was a shuttle directly from the hotel)

What I didn't expect booking at a Sheraton:
While our room was clean, housekeeping did a wonderful job, I was disappointed in the overall condition of the wing of the hotel that we were stuck in. The rugs and walls were all old and dingy. There were exposed electrical boxes in our room (not exposed wires at least). The shower curtain rod was rusty. The room was very small (not that this mattered too much to us, but still worth mentioning). The snickers bar that we bought in the vending machine expired in 2008.

I did book our stay through a discount travel site, however I have booked a W hotel (part of the Starwood brand) through a discount site as well and had a much better room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hildigoat,

Thank you for taking time to send me feedback from your recent visit to the Sheraton Burlington. I am disappointed that your stay was just average. We will be going through a complete room’s renovation this fall and are looking forward to the changes for our guests. Please let me know if you will be back in the area so I may do something nice for your next stay.

Bill.

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!