“Needs Refurbishing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Burlington
Queensbury, New York
“Needs Refurbishing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you are looking for a place that's convenient to UVM and the Medical Center this hotel may meet your needs. The bed was comfortable but the rooms and lobby were very outdated. There isn't free internet in the rooms, in fact the only place you could get free Wi-Fi was near the fire place in the lobby or in the restaurant/lounge area. Part of the hotel is on the historic registry so they could not put an elevator in to accommodate guests. If you have difficulty walking or carrying your bags you are going to want to make sure you do not get a room in this part of the hotel. If you do get a room there you will need a map to find it through the maze of stairs. One of the nicest areas of the hotel was the restaurant/ lounge. It was sunny and had nice plantings and a pretty waterfall. We only ate breakfast there and it was good both days, we did book the package that included breakfast and you could order anything off the menu so that was a plus. I did see families enjoying the pool, but to me it appeared a bit murky. Just an average place to stay with no perks such as coffee in the lobby or free newspapers. We won’t be back any time soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Scout11258,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send me feedback from your recent stay here at the Hotel. I appreciate your constructive comments about the hotel needing updating. We are happy to let you know that in November of this year we will be going through a complete room’s renovation. I would like to have you try us again. Please contact me directly so I can give you more details. Thank you for staying with us.

662 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel in need of some freshening up. As usual I booked through Hotwire, so I didn't know what I was getting.

I did sleep well, Starwood beds are very nice. It's just looking a bit tired, needs carpets deep cleaned or replaced for one thing.

Pros: free parking, friendly staff, and location isn't bad, close to UVM.

Cons: Why do hotels still charge for wifi?! At least you can get it free if you sign up for Starwood Preferred Guest. But still, it's 2013. Wifi should be part of the basic service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear NickB488,

Thank you for taking time to send me feedback from your recent trip here to the Sheraton Burlington. I am glad your stay was okay and I do appreciate your comments about the team members. We will be going through a complete room’s renovation in November of this year and are very excited about the changes. Thank you for your business. I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here due to closeness to UVM and discount for visitors of UVM. Room was usual and fine, no free wifi- $10/day for three devices. No coffee in lobby, breakfast was exorbitant. Not as convenient for UVM as I thought. Bed tilted and way too soft for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear JulieS,

Thank you for your constructive feedback from your recent trip to the Sheraton Burlington. I am sorry that your stay was just average. I did want to let you know that we will be going through a complete room’s renovation in November of this year. I would like to see you stay with us again. Please contact me directly so I can tell you more about the Renovation. Thanks for staying with us. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Pros and cons. Pros: great location, nice common spaces, room spacious and fairly clean. Cons: sorely in need of a makeover. Very dated room decor, soiled rug, no IPad internet access, TV had only 2 digital channels and analog was very fuzzy! It appeared the only way to get to my room was a 2 flight walk up or a very convoluted path up and down stairs from the elevator. I only had one light suitcase, so it was OK for me, but be forewarned.

I think the employee said they were updating their communications system, but geez its 2013!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear bostonpies,

Thank you for taking the time to send me your constructive feedback from your recent stay here in Burlington. I am sorry that your experience was less than perfect. We will be going through a complete room’s renovation in November this year and are very excited for the changes. I want to that you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Ira, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here with my two girls while a family member had a procedure done at Fletcher Allen. The location could not have been better.

The front desk staffer was extremely pleasant, courteous and accomodating. My girls thought the pool was amazing and the water temperature perfect. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Room service was prompt even though it was later at night.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear chetteroo,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am please to read that you had a great stay. I also want to thank you for your comments about our team members at check in. I hope you enjoy the upcoming summer. Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Middletown Springs, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for an annual food show. The rooms are always clean and the front desk staff are friendly and always helpful. The conference facilities were top notch and the pool is always fun to unwind in after a long day. Can't wait until next year!

Room Tip: Very large complex with rooms overlooking both country setting- near the back of the hotel or town...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Glen G,

Thank you for your great comments about your stay here during the recent Food Show. I was glad to see that we exceeded your expectations. I also what to thank you for your continued loyalty to the Sheraton Hotel. Have a great day.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Only 1.6 miles to downtown Burlington makes it very convienent. Very accommodating, fast responses to requests for more towels, more coffee, etc. Clean and very reasonable. Nice bar, indoor swimming pool for the kids.

Will definitely returne

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear KDNICK,

Thanks for the great comments about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your entire stay. We truly appreciate you staying with us and thank you for your business.

See you again soon

Bill.

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!