“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Burlington
Pittsfield,MA
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Rooms are very comfortable, great space bed is very comfortable, Restaurant is good. I got a grilled Chicken Salad and it was fresh and tasty. Drinks were great wait staff took great care of me while I was there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
. Dear pjp158,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was very pleased to see that you had a great stay with us. We want to thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Thanks for your time.

658 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We've stayed here before...........probably around 15 years ago! Not much has changed. Things are clean, rooms are large enough, the sheets feel like sand paper, and the lighting is minimal. There's very little to get excited about at this hotel. The location works for walking to the UVM campus, but not to downtown where parking can be a nightmare.

Dear MissMem,

I want to thank you for sending us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. We will be going through a complete guest room renovation this year and are very much looking forward to our new design. I do want to thank you for staying with us. Please contact me directly for more information about the renovation.

Bristol, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently had a company party and I played "Mr. DJ". I'm usually very good about remembering everything I'll need and then bringing extra everything if something fails. Well, for the first time ever in my 15 years of DJing, I forgot the power cord to my computer. With just a couple hours of battery life, I knew I wouldn't make it through the night, and I couldn't drive back to my house and back to the event in time. I asked the staff if there was any way i could get a charger for my computer, or take a look at stuff people have left behind, or go check out the A/V department. The A/V staff was not on that night, but one person with keys to their area managed to get in and locate several left behind chargers. After a few minutes of hoping something would turn up, the incredibly helpful staff had managed to save my night!

That experience has to be one of the best hotel experiences I've had the chance to take part in. Sometime, all you really have to do is ask!

Room Tip: I did not stay in a room that night, it was merely a company party.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time send me feedback on your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I want to thank you for your great comments about our team member in Banquets. I have passed along your comments so the team can see what our customs say when we do the right thing. Thank you for spending time with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
All the best.
White River Junction, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend. First the desk personnel had difficulty checking us in. And then at checkout the hotel policy is that you have to go to the desk to check out or they apply the charges as they wish rather than what was originally agreed upon. I think the person that books events could be more proactive in making sure this type of glitches are avoided.

Asked for a first floor room as I have limited mobility issues. The room was first floor, but had to go up a flight of stairs from outside to get to it. Furniture in room was tired. The king size mattress was uncomfortable, had to take hot shower to get kink out of my back from the bed. TV had limited stations. They even charged $1.00 for the bottled water.

Unsatisfactory experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for sending me feedback on your recent stay. I was disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. I would like to connect with you to get addional information about your reservation and room. Please contact me directly at bill.young@sheraton.com. I do want to thank you for the feedback and staying with us. I look forward to hearing from you.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed for three nights in January, and for the entire stay the heating in our room was not working. Could not turn on heat for more than five minutes at a time, making it impossible to get the room warm. We complained four times to the front desk staff.

None of the four servicemen who came over the course of two days fixed the problem and no one ever followed up to see if it was resolved. We asked twice to change our room and were refused. On our fourth complaint, we finally had someone offer to bring us a space heater -- but it never showed up.

My two kids who are 3 and 5 were freezing and now have colds.

We also spent alot of time in the pool, but found the pool area to be grubby and dimly lit. The bottom of the pool looked filthy and stained. Maybe that the reason for the dim lighting.

We've stayed here many times before but this might have been our last.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors, so you don't have people walking by your room windows.
Dear PSU_dMontreal_C

Thank You for send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am truly sorry that your stay fell well short of your expectation as well mine. I would like to gather some addional information about your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our commitment to delivering exceptional service. My email is bill.young@sheraton.com. Thank you for your feedback and staying with us. I do look forward to connecting with you.

All the best.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel was a disappointment. It's quite lovely when you walk in with a swimming pool and a great common area. But when we reached our hotel room there were bags of trash in front of our door. Additionally when we got into bed we found a long brown hair belonging to neither of us and some crumbs in the bed. I'm not convinced that they finished cleaning our room.

So I wish I could give them a good review but I think a clean room is a must!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JSab2008,

Thank you for send us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I can tell you that I am truly sorry about not delivering a great stay. I am disappointed that the cleanliness of your room was below standard. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness. I have passed along your comments to the team members as we continue to use your feedback for areas to improve on. Thank you for staying with us. Please connect with me directly so I may make thing right.
Have a great day
boston/ma/usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Myself and my children had traveled to VT for a sporting event. We were part of a large group who traveled together. We opted to travel 45 minutes out of our way for this stay due to the reputation of Sheraton Hotels and the pool availability. I had made the resevation by phone which when I received the email confirmamtion was incorrect. They had the room type and my first name wrong-"Really". I called back and it was quickly corrected. When we arrived check-in was easy, but we were met by a flustered staff person. Our room was not what I had requested but we made due with 1 child sleeping on a blanket covered chair(we had asked for 2 beds and a pullout sofa). I learned that the hotel was completely booked when overhearing a staff person attempting to correct the resevation of another guest who booked 2 rooms only to get "the last room available". The room was not what I had been used to for a Sheraton Hotel. It was sub-par, dated and not as clean as I would have liked. We used the pool area which the kids loved. It was large and clean. The locked door to the pool area was broken and left open at all times, a safety hazzard. I believe the chemicals in the pool were overdone. The kids had slight red burns to there faces which has happened before when pools have not had the proper chemicals. The hotel cook had his hands full being the only cook for the restaurant and whole hotel. The wait time for food was long but the cook made it worth it, he did a good job. We had originally been told the resturant was booked full and we could not be accomodated. The staff person(bar tender) who was identified as the manager on, was very accomodating and helpful with the requests of our large group. I would stay again but only if my top choice was not available.

Room Tip: The Hotel is directly off the highway, noise might be an issue during the warmer months. Double che...
Dear Samtimfam,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am very sorry that we fell well short of your expectations. I take full responsibility for our inability to meet and exceed your needs. I do thank you for send us your feedback and I have ensured the team is copied on how our guests fell when we fall short. Please contact me directly so I may get more information about your stay. Thank you for staying with us.
Bill.

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!