“Poorly staffed; poorly trained” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Burlington
Los Angeles, California
“Poorly staffed; poorly trained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Given the sky high price of their rooms -- particularly in view of the motel-level quality of the rooms -- one would expect that you could at least get good service when you need it. Dream on. The service desk at the door was almost never manned and the front desk and restaurants were grossly understaffed. Therefore, if you want to use the shuttle service, you either wait in a long line, or step outside in the rain and to flag the guy down. (Please note, however, that the shuttle drivers were nice people and cooperative.) To eat breakfast, you wait in a long line in the lobby while dirty dishes tie up the tables until the over-worked wait staff get a chance to clear them. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending me your constructive feedback on your resent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. It was disappointing to read how poorly your stay was. I am truly sorry and take full responsibility for not being able to deliver great custom service. I have passed along your comments to our entire team and thank you for telling us things just weren't right. If there is anything that I can do for you, please feel free to reach out to me.
All the Best

658 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Salado, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, but the room was dated, no fridge and for the price you would think you would get more bang for the buck. Shuttle to take you downtown, cab was only $6 to get back. Great little town, not a lot of downtown hotels this is only 2miles away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am sorry that your stay was just average, and appreciate your comments about the room decor. We will be going through a complete room’s renovation in 2013 and would love to have you back for that great experience. Thanks for staying with us and I look forward to your return.
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Sheraton was our first stay for 2 nights of a 2 week vacation. The reason we picked it was due to my girlfriends Starwood status / free nights and this was a huge disappointment. When staying on SPG points you typically get the better locations, better rooms, and upgrades when available. I am fine without upgrades but we had the worst room, in the worst location. It smelled of mildew and mold and the only reason we did not leave was because we were exhausted from cross country travel and didn't want to start the vacay with a hassle.

It is clear they are revamping many of the rooms, which is great and all, but the wing we were in should be shut down (or condemned). There appear to be 4 or 5 different levels of rennovation... from the best (typical Sheraton business hotel quality) to the worst (our room). With some hodge podge in the middle.

Beyond the room itself, the place was pretty decent. The (indoor) pool was ok size, the bar was nice, the service was pretty good (other than when we complained about the room), and the location is OK (very close to UVM campus, about 1 mile walking to downtown).

Burlington is a great place to visit, highly recommended, just look elsewhere or make sure you get a redone room. Very disappointed in SPG for this experience, they tend to treat platinum members much better.

Room Tip: Make sure it is one which is recently re-done...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking time out of your day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am truly sorry that your room was not up to standard. We will be going through a complete room's renovation in 2013. I would like to make this experience up to you. Please contact me directly if you are in the area again. I will ensure your next visit is a great one.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton while in town for a conference. The lobby and main areas of the hotel were nice, but my room, while clean, was dated and the furniture had definitely seen better days. It also was on short on electrical outlets, which I found frustrating as I seem to travel with a ridiculous amount of electronics anymore. I also must say that finding my room was a bit of a chore, as the hotel has a bit of an awkward layout and multiple fire doors that I had to navigate to get to my room. Internet was extra, which always annoys me. The free in-room bottles of water for Starwood Preferred Guests was a very nice touch.

The staff I encountered was very friendly, and helpful with directions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I wanted to thank you for your constructive comments and appreciate your positive comments. We will be going through a room’s renovation in 2013 and welcome you back to see it and stay with us again.
Have a great day
Worcester MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the third year in a row I've stayed at the Sheraton in Burlington - I go up for a conference every fall. As usual, the room was very comfortable - great linens and lots of pillows! Everything was immaculate and the service was great. There's a very comfortable bar/restaurant downstairs with a fireplace - a great place to unwind at the end of the day. It's conveniently located to the highway and parking is ample. It's nice to have such a reliable and quality place to go back to each year.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out off your day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am glad to read that you had a very relaxing stay. I look forward to seeing you back real soon.
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel was not what we expected from a Sheraton - waited over hour for check-in. While waiting we had lunch at restaurant..(one girl managing bar, waiting/busing tables and probably cooking the food). After complaining - suddenly a room opened up - probably the worst room in the hotel (damp, musty, toilet would not work) -- complained again -- moved one floor up..we were told since we did not book a 'deluxe' this is what we should expect especially on a busy weekend..I paid DELUXE price so expected at least a decent tidy room. Next time in Burlington, I will stay somewhere else...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Got a great conference rate but would have been very disappointed if we'd paid any more. Welcome/reception was nice. The hallway to our room had dim lighting and there were piles of dirty laundry and room service trays out all afternoon and early evening, plus more the next day. We needed to buy a hostess gift for a friend and visited the hotel "gift shop" which is nothing more than travel sized hygiene products and a vending machine (should not be called a gift shop) Ate at the hotel restaurant which accepts a coupon from restaurant.com Food was good but service lacking. Conference facilities were a mixed bag -- half of the conference rooms are on a separate location requiring stairs, more dim corridors and confusion. Location of the hotel was it's best feature

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!