We stayed there recently, and paid close to $200/night for a 2 bdrm apartment. While we were aware that the apt did not come with an AC, they only had 2 fans for the entire place, which were barely sufficient. We requested 2 more, but they could only provide one. They said that providing another one "could be a problem" even though the place was half empty! The windows in the rooms had broken nets, and I had to physically tape them to avoid a flood of insects in the night! Our room was not serviced/cleaned AT ALL the next day. When I spoke to the manager about it, she was completely non-chalant and couldn't give two hoots about why the cleaning staff had failed to clean the room. And the next day, they barely changed the towels. They didn't bother to replace the toiletries, vacuum the floors, clean the ktichen, replace ktichen rolls, toilet paper, NOTHING! On talking to the manager again, she said that they only clean "if they see a need for it." WHAT NONSENSE! What about replacing the toiletries etc? Is that left to the discretion of the cleaning staff? I've never heard such a preposterous suggestion. Either you clean or you don't. Simple. They bill themselves as a full-service establishment (and charge for it), even though they're far from it.
In short, really bad management. The place needs to hire people who are competent enough to run the place. The teenager who was checking people in had more common sense than the incompetent manager.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Hotel
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Hotel Brownsville
- Holiday Inn Brownsville
- Brownsville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This vibrant resort is tucked away in the rolling New England countryside away from the bustle of daily life making it the perfect spot to truly get away from it all. Ascutney Mountain Resort is a year-round indoor and outdoor recreational playground for nature lovers and adventurers alike. Whether hitting the area s ski slopes, touring historic covered bridges, enjoying one of the nearby golf courses, or simply gazing upon the magnificent palette of crimson and gold of autumn in New England, you ll find activities for every taste. In winter we are located in the heart of more than 150 acres of groomed slopes and trails. Visitors will enjoy alpine and cross-country skiing, as well as snowboarding and snow tubing on a variety of trails offering more than 1,530 feet of vertical drop and 32 kilometers of freshly groomed cross-country trails. The resort also offers a learning center and ski camps to help skiers of all skill levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.