Over the years, we've stayed in numerous condos which cater to skiiers but Ascutney is the best to date. It is about 25 mins to Okemo and 45 min to Killington. We had booked a 3 bedroom condo for the last week of Dec/first week of Jan. Our unit had been updated with a new kitchen, new living room and carpet. The bathrooms had new vanities in them but the water pressure in the showers was quite poor. The mattresses were fairly new and in great condition - even the pullout sofa. We ate dinner at the restaurant on site and it was standard fare. We also tried their breakfast bar which is a great bargain at $5 for eggs/bacon/bagels/cereal, etc.
The only thing which stops me from giving it 5 stars is a few maintenance/operational issues. When we checked in, the kitchen had not been totally prepared. The garbage had not been emptied and 3/4 of the kitchen was still sitting in the dishwasher. We were short kitchen garbage bags and did not have any potholders/oven mitts.. At one point during the stay, our building ran out of hot water and we were asked to be conservative since we were running on reserves for about 24 hours until the issue was fixed. Also, the living room was so drafty, it did not get above 65 degrees. However, when we called about the cold, a maintenance man was at our door within 5 minutes with extra heaters.
Overall, the staff is immensely helpful and attentive and quick to try to rectify any issues you may have. We look forward to returning next year.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Hotel
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Hotel Brownsville
- Holiday Inn Brownsville
- Brownsville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This vibrant resort is tucked away in the rolling New England countryside away from the bustle of daily life making it the perfect spot to truly get away from it all. Ascutney Mountain Resort is a year-round indoor and outdoor recreational playground for nature lovers and adventurers alike. Whether hitting the area s ski slopes, touring historic covered bridges, enjoying one of the nearby golf courses, or simply gazing upon the magnificent palette of crimson and gold of autumn in New England, you ll find activities for every taste. In winter we are located in the heart of more than 150 acres of groomed slopes and trails. Visitors will enjoy alpine and cross-country skiing, as well as snowboarding and snow tubing on a variety of trails offering more than 1,530 feet of vertical drop and 32 kilometers of freshly groomed cross-country trails. The resort also offers a learning center and ski camps to help skiers of all skill levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.