You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   485 Hotel Road, Brownsville, VT 05037   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brownsville
“Expected more!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We expected more. The accommodations are great, the staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant is lacking. The dinners are a little pricey, which would be ok but salad is alacart and no bread with dinner. The waitress was way to shy and we never saw her except when she took our order, brought the food and brought the check. The food was ok. This being a Holiday Inn property I would have thought it would be better. We went and bought food and ate in our room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of the resort and especially our restaurant. In our effort to meet the expectation of our guests, your comments are very valuable to us. I have already shared them with our restaurant staff.

I hope you'll have an opportunity to return in the future. Take Care and Happy Traveling, AMY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I spent 3 wonderful days at the Ascutney resort in the one bedroom unit with my partner and 14 year old daughter. The unit was extremely clean and had all the amenities of home. Kitchen was fully equiped which permitted us to enjoy home-cooked breakfasts and dinners. Furnishings were very modern and nicely appointed including a large flat screen tv and gas fireplace.The only minor problem we encountered was the quality of the mattresses both in the bedroom and the sofa bed in the living room.
I also found the service to be exceptional. Housekeeping staff and front desk were very helpful and quick to respond to our needs. The grounds are beautiful and very well-maintained in the summer time . All in all, perfect little getaway as a family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review of the resort. We value your comments and use them to evaluate our service, amenities and other guest expectations. I will certainly share your great observations with our staff.

I hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Take Care and Happy Traveling, AMY
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We spent one night there for a local wedding. The room was clean but not spacious. Other members of our party had some mechanical problems, but not us. Bed super comfy.

We didn't eat there, so I can't comment on any of that. Would have liked to have a coffee maker in the room, though.

The outdoor pool was large and the water was crystal clean. The patio area could have used a bit more shade. The towels for the pool were a bit threadbare too, but plentiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the resort. Your comments are valuable to us and we use them to evaluate our guest expectations. I will certainly pass on your observations to my staff.

Take Care and Happy Traveling, AMY
Ozone Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family booked a 3 bedroom Villa with a full kitchen for our week's family vacation together. This resort’s location is PERFECT for those looking to spend quality time with their family away from their busy city life. We spent most of our time enjoying the resort’s amenities, cooking family dinners together and site seeing in the Town of Windsor, the birthplace of Vermont.

The resort accommodations were clean, modern, and spacious. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Ascutney Mountain Resort Amenities includes Business Services, Health and Fitness Center (On-site), High-speed Internet Access, Entertainment and Recreation, and Activities and Services for Children. The staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledge. All the qualities needed to assist their guest to make a more enjoyable vacationing experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for the wonderfule comments. I will certainly share them with my team. We do pride ourselves on being a great retreat for families as well as a "hub" for enjoying a lot of our local venues. We hope you'll have an opportunity to return some day. Take Care and Happy Traveling, AMY
Queensbury, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We live only 2 hours away from this resort and as I write this, I am on the property. My Mother owns at Orange Lake in Florida and booked this resort for a weeks getaway. My husband and I are owners at Diamond Resorts International.

This resort lies at the base of a closed ski center. I would imagine that this ski center in the winter now looks like a ghost town with the remnants of an era gone by. The rumor is that the present owner of the ski center is selling its ski lifts off one by one. With the ski center not being open in the winter, I would imagine that the Holiday Inn Vacation Club resort is hurting in the winter due to its closure. This is sad.

This is an average resort. Everything was clean when we arrived in the Essex building. Our Condo is nice but it definitely has a strange layout. Upon arrival, our ice-maker was not working, after several attempts over 2 days, they still were unable to fix it. So we are still without the ability to make ice however, the maintenence man said that they would bring ice to us anytime that we needed it.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit. The bathrooms are the smallest I have seen at any timeshare resort thus far. They are tiny. Also the bath towels are thin and small. Again something that we aren't used to. The furnishings in the living room are updated and the room is nicely decorated. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances and is fully equipped with everthing that you need. There is a flat screen TV in the living room however the bedrooms have old TV's. There are plenty of closets for storage!

The grounds here leave much to be desired. I believe that this property could use an over-haul in their landscaping. Plantings around the buildings would make the resort esthetically more pleasing to the eye. The road leading to the Essex building could use re-paving.

The design layout of the resort is also a bit strange. The pool and fitness center are towards the front entrance and quite a bit of a hike from the back buildings. The Holiday Inn Vacation Club purchased the property this way so there is not much they could do about the layout of everything.

We have been to Orange Lake in Orlando and it is beautiful! While I can say that the Florida property deserves a top rating, this one cannot compare. However, we are in Vermont and are engulfed by the beauty of the surrounding area. Woodstock and Quechee Gorge are a short drive from this resort.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your resort review. Your comments go a long way in helping us improve and meet your expectation. It is sad about the ski mountain. We have every hope that some day it will reopen. I appreciate your comments about the landscaping. It is certainly a work in progress and each year we strive to make new improvements. I hope if you visit again next year you will notice the difference. I hope you continue to have a pleasant visit and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything you need during the rest of your visit. Happy Traveling, AMY
clayville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The place was excellent and away from everything. The shops and stores were a short drive which was nice. We had a full kitchen, which we used half the time. The food at the resort was excellent. They have people on staff to give young and old nice activities. I watch a lot of People Mountain biking up and down the ski slope. My wife and I walked the paths checking out the flowers and wild life. As the sun was setting we went to the pond and watched the beavers.

Day trips we went to Simon Pearce Glass and watched the blow glass and make pottery. We spent half the day there watching and talking to the craftsman. We also went to VINS, antiques stores, shops and historical places in Quechee and Woodstock. Quechee Gorge qas a great walk. There is things we would have loved to seen and do, so it will have to wait for next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We are set in a lovely setting. I enjoy seeing the wildlife, green trees and other Vermont attractions as well. Hopefully you'll have the chance to return some day....take care and happy traveling, AMY
Haverhill, Ma.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I are owners in the Holiday Inn Vacation Club. This was our first visit for a long weekend at this resort. We rented a 1 bedroom villa which was very nice. We were in the Essex building which was far away from the pools but that didn't bother us very much. A long walk if you have kids. The villa was clean and had everything you needed. The restaurants were ok at the resort, I would suggest going off site to eat. PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT go to the Windsor Diner in town. The service and quality of the food is HORRIBLE! We went there late on Sunday morning for breakfast. The place was busy but not filled. We ordered and waited for 50 minutes for our food to arrive! The food! OMG was horrible. Our pancakes and frenchtoast were raw! The homefries were terrible. I would not recomment this place at all. Plus it was old and dirty looking. The Holiday Inn recommends this place and I seriously do not why. The best place for breakfast is the general store, take a left out of the property and it's about a 1/2 mile down the road on the left. Great food, service, and prices!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. Also, I appreciate you letting us know about your experience at the Windsor Diner. I will certainly share with my staff. I hope you'll have an opportunity to return to the resort and will give our on site restaurant, Browns Tavern, another shot. We continue to improve and truly appreciate your remarks. Take Care and Travel Safe, AMY

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Ascutney Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!