“Best Pancake I ever Eaten!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
New York
“Best Pancake I ever Eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We found this pancake place on our way to Woodstock, VT... we were starving and decided to eat breakfast. The pancake was the best, they have lots of pinned wall signs of breakfast combination of specials. I cannot find the combination I want and, the waitress told me that i can customize my own. so I ended up having 2 pancakes, ham and 2 eggs. they serve a pure vermont maple syrup and made the pancakes really good. my friend decided to order french toast, eggs and bacon. Their staff are very nice and friendly. We will definitely stop by and have pancake next time we visit Vermont.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
NYC
“The Worlds Best Pancakes and Waffles Period!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We have been coming to Vermont for over 30 years and we always stop at Blanche and Bill's. This is the best home made restaurant in the region. The pancakes are delicate and thin with a silky texture and my wife always gets the waffles... crisp and light with hand crafted Vermont maple syrup, you just cant get any better than that!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Undeniably Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Blanche and Bills (www.blancheandbills.com) is a quaint, authentic, and perhaps the most delicious Pancake House east of the Mississippi. Located on Highway 4 on the way to Killington Ski Resort, this small and genuine Pancake House serves up some of the best breakfast (and lunch) food around - Open 7am - 2pm (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays). I've eaten there 3 times, on 3 successive days, and each day seemed better than the previous. The pancakes are outstanding, but the waffles are incredible. They definitely keep the recipe a secret, and I can understand why. They buy all of their supplies locally (sausages, eggs, etc.), and it's a favorite hang out for the locals. Enjoy the incredible hospitality, but come back for the fantastic food. No ski boots in the restaurant please!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect breakfast nook!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

After attending a conference at the Killington Grand hotel, an not having any substantial meals available to us, we were more than excited to stumble upon this spot for breakfast on our way out of town.

It is family owned, and as soon as you walk in (past the menagerie of grandchild photos) you feel like you are in someone's kitchen. Half of the place is devoted to Red Sox memorabilia and there are witty hand written signs lining the wall.
The menu and place mats are basic paper, and you can tell they really started this place from scratch which adds to the charm in my opinion.
In addition to the friendly atmosphere and wait staff, the true home cooked breakfast was DELICIOUS.
I had a simple combo of poached eggs and cheese on an English muffin, and my colleague had a special designed by the grandson of 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 sausage and 2 slices of toast! Both meals together, with coffee was less than $30 with tip! Very impressive!
We left, full and happy to continue our long venture home.

I would recommend this little hole in the wall to anyone looking for a simple place with outstanding food and service!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Cool atmosphere, very friendly service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Cool atmosphere, very friendly service.