My girlfriend and I spent three nights in the Ripley Suite this past weekend. The myriad glowing reviews of 40 Putney Road are not overstated.
I booked the trip as a birthday gift a few months ago and was concerned when the property was sold in the interim, as our choice of venue was based in large part on reviews under prior ownership. Not to worry -- Rhonda is a spectacular an innkeeper as you could ever hope to encounter. Her hospitality and her breakfasts are outstanding.
The photos of the accommodations speak for themselves. The Ripley Suite is spacious yet cozy, and was well worth the added cost. The separate hot tub building at the rear of the property, overlooking the Retreat Meadow, is a nice touch (and has its own fireplace, too).
The hiking trail through the woods behind the property is a pleasant outdoor excursion. It gets a little hilly to the right (and eventually dead-ends), but the trail is certainly within the purview of a novice hiker. The view through the Retreat Meadow to the farm on the other side is quite peaceful.
For nearby restaurants, don't miss T.J. Buckley's, Three Stones, or Fireworks. We also had drinks at The Metropolis, Fireworks, and the former innkeepers' establishment, Whetstone Station -- all excellent.
Mount Snow is about a 30-minute drive away for skiing, snowboarding, tubing, and snowmobiling. The two-hour snowmobile tour is a blast -- until you're on the way back down, you don't even realize how far up into the mountains you've gone.
We will be back, and hopefully soon.
- Also Known As:
- Forty Putney Road Hotel
- Forty Putney Road Hotel Brattleboro
- 40 Putney Road Bed And Breakfast
- Forty Putney Road b&b
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk to lively downtown Brattleboro from this comfortably elegant 6 room waterside B&B. Enjoy a complimentary 2 course gourmet breakfast each morning made fresh with local ingredients. In-house pub with large selection of local craft beers and wines. Hiking trails on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Fareportal , Otel, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Forty Putney Road Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.