“Great staff, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Brattleboro
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great staff, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff at this location is GREAT... and was very responsive to my requests. I'm a coffee addict and the rooms are equipped w/ single cup coffee makers. I asked if any. larger pots were available and initially told "no, sorry". The NEXT day, the front desk sent up a 4 cup coffee maker (AND Filters!) for my use! I was very pleased.

I was placed on the 4th floor (the only smoking floor) and noticed allergic reactions to smoke. I mentioned it to the front desk (different person) and she offered to move me. Apparently, half of the 4th floor is for smokers - but you smell it on the entire floor, starting at the elevator! It seeped into my room from the hall, causing coughing and red eyes & sinus congestion. They made my move a priority and things were quickly resolved. The only thing better than a NON smoking motel, is one that can effectively isolate the smokers from the nonsmokers. They resolved it and I'm happy.

Room Tip: It's quieter on the side away from the highway, and avoid the 4th floor if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Each time we have booked here we have had noisey sport groups. I specifically asked when I booked this weekend and they assured me that they put these groups on the 1st and 2nd floor. We were on the 4th floor and they were on either side of us. They were constantly running up and down the halls. Walls are paper thin and we could hear the guy snoring in the room next to us. Other than this the hotel is clean, good breakfast, and great pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jolene B, Manager at Hampton Inn Brattleboro, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I wanted to touchbase with you regarding your stay with us. Unfortunately at times when the hotel has Sport groups booked, not all of the parents are with in the Group label with their reservations. When this occurs they can unfortunately end up near our "regular" guest. Our apologies if this occured. I hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future! As you can see from most other reviews of our hotel, we try very hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel to schedule your next visit with us as we the team here at the Hampton Inn would love for you to receive the True Hampton experience.
North Conway, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been loyal Hampton Inn customers for years and we were very disappointed with their customer service. We made a reservation in NH and when we tried to check in they said our reservation was in VT. The Hampton Inn in NH said we were be able to get a refund because we were paying for another room; however, the VT inn was very unhelpful, refused to give us any of our money back and refused to give us a voucher for another stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. They do not respect their customers or make any effort to accommodate them.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolene B, Manager at Hampton Inn Brattleboro, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Prepaid stays at a hotel can be a bargain and very easy to make, but not so easy to change or cancel. Unfortunately when a third party is involved or when making prepaid reservations the Representative at our Desk can not adjust those reservations at all. This does lead to Frustrated Guest and leaves our Guest Service Agents with only the options of giving contact numbers for the persons who have to do the adjustments. So please understand it is not our Guest Service Agent intention to be difficult or Not try to resolve the mistake of having the wrong location booked.
Hartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went to the hotel for a seminar for my business. The room for the seminar was a little chilly and could not be regulated but that was the only drawback of my 3 day stay. Breakfast was included, tea,coffee and cookies available in the lobby. Staff very helpful and sent me a very important document that I had left behind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I am the kind of guy that pulls the sheets off and inspects the bed and room in the first five minutes of check in. i found everything to be in order. The flat screen had a good selection of hd channels. I wish the pool was bigger so I could get some laps in. The pool does not have a big 5ft section but it seems like kids would love the pool. I spent most of my time in hot tub to relax after a long day at the mountain. The gym is good enough to get you sweating. It was clean and modern looking. Just don't eat at the Japanese resturant across from hotel. They don't have a lot of staff to help when it's busy so you will have to wait for long time. By the way, I was here during the new years eve if that matters.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

What a great place. The front desk Christina was very helpful. She had help my wife setup Hilton honors reward program. The rooms are
fantastic and clean. Love the duvet covers they smell like sugar cookies that was just baked. The offer a wide variety for breakfast

• Stayed December 2012
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had originally reserved rooms at the Holiday Inn Express but left because of the noise. Looking for an alternative place to stay the night, we pulled into the Hampton Inn. They gave us a room on the third floor and as we walked down the hall, we could hear a little child wailing and I was worried this hotel would be just as noisy as the last. But when we entered the room and closed the door, it was blissfully quiet. We also realized the rooms were not parallel with the street and highway which eliminated road noise as well. The room was pretty,clean, well laid out, and welcoming.

The reason I was motivated to leave a review was our breakfast experience. The woman in charge obviously took great pride in her work and was warm and helpful as well. I was impressed that breakfast was open as early as 6 am on a Sunday as I am an early riser. The buffet was in an alcove off the seating area so there was plenty of room to move around and the selection - oh my! About the only thing "missing" was bacon. Anything else you could possibly imagine for breakfast was there, in abundance, and of excellent quality. The breakfast lady asked if I needed any assistance and later came over to the table to make sure we were happy. I saw her get a tray for a man and his son so they could take their breakfast up to their room, and offer to wrap up some bagels for some bikers on-the-go. She made a "hotel breakfast" feel like you were going home and being taken care of by mom.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Brattleboro? Share your experiences!