“Panda-monium!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 89 restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Panda-monium!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is an outstanding restaurant with a great atmosphere. It's loud and busy because people are enjoying themselves eating such delicious and plentiful meals.

The wonton soup is the best I've had since moving to the area and I can't wait to get back for more. It seems like I just order it and the bowl is sitting in front of me - the service is that good!

Portion size is decent but the food so good I demolish a plate of veggie lo mein easily. Have not yet had a dish I haven't liked and neither have my friends.

Parking is plentiful and the restaurant is close to Exit 3 [I91] in Brattleboro so it's a quick trip from MA or NH. [Well worth a half hour drive for me to eat here.]

Take a chance on Panda North. You will be happy you did!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Methuen, Ma
“1ST TIME GUESTS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My Fiancee ordered spare ribs and chicken sticks, I had the sesame chicken/rice. Her food was great, the sesame chicken was just OK and the sesame sauce was more like a paste, VERY thick. The sesame chick was presented with an edible flower on the plate. I'm not a guy who drinks tap water, but, the water served at this place was unusually good. Waitstaff are VERY efficient. If we went back to this place, I'd opt for something OTHER than the sesame chicken.

This place isn't anything to look at from the outside, and it's on a hill, easy to miss if you don't catch their sign.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brattleboro, Vermont
“A very nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were staying nearby at the Hampton so decided to try this restaurant. We were very pleasantly surprised at this bustling restaurant with delicious food tucked inside a rather nondescript building. The waiter was terrific, service was fast and friendly, the food was very tasty and plentiful. We had enough to take back to the hotel to make for another dinner the next night. We observed that they do a large take-out business as well. People were constantly arriving to pick up their orders.
Don't miss out on this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newfane, Vermont
“Best Peking Duck Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

All in all a very good place for dinner, a little pricy, but worth the money if you like quality oriental food.

Visited July 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“A sushi and sashimi gem in Brattelboro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had one night in Brattelboro on our trip and wanted a place to eat close to our hotel. We thought this "Chinese" restaurant would be convenient, but we were not prepared for such a diverse menu! We ordered a large sushi/sashimi combination platter and the duck special. The combination platter contained large, very fresh slices of sashimi, which, together with the sushi, was expertly presented. The duck was very flavorful and promptly served. Overall service was very good. We would definitely return here again if we are in the area.

• Visited August 2012