“Centrally located - not bad!” 4 of 5 stars

America's Best Inn Brattleboro
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   959 Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT 05031   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Brattleboro
Manasquan
“Centrally located - not bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This hotel is a little more centrally located on Putney Road in Brattleboro with a convenience store next door, fast food, supermarket and a mini-mall all within walking distance. As for the hotel itself, it wasn't a bad place. Minor cosmetic work to be done but all in all, the rooms were large enough and reasonably priced. Checking in was fast and easy, there is tractor-trailer parking, pets allowed and no pet fee here, and I think the only thing that was strange was the micro-wave in our room was seated on the luggage stand. Internet was fair. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was a knock-out tho! Over-did themselves on this! Very nice set-up with a nice variety in a very quaint, comfortable, plant-decorated room. For the price, not bad at all.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We didn't know what we might find and we had a nice surprise. Obviously this place has to be compared to other places of the same level of services. It's not a five-star hotel, but the rooms are big, plenty of towels, micro-wave oven, cable TV, WiFi, hair dryer and king beds. The hotel is run by an Indian family that add a mystique touch to the decoration. The breakfast is really good. When I come back to Brattleboro I'll stay there again if possible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mt Snow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels of all price ranges and have to say that the staff at the America's Best was one of the most attentive I have ever experienced. I had to find a place to stay in Brattleboro as the roads to Wilmington where I live were out due to flooding from Irene and the staff bent over backwards to make sure that I felt at home in a very disconcerting time. The rooms are old and obiously could use sprucing up, but obviously the management has responded to previous reviews, as I felt the room, bathroom and linens were all very clean. The hotel is one of the only ones I could find that offered NESN for you sports fanatics that can't stand to miss a Yankees/Red Sox game. The bed was very comfortable and the room was completely noise free - a great night's sleep! The continental breakfast was adequate and actually more than I have seen in other hotels for the same price. Overall, it was the exceptional customer service that has me recommending this hotel for any budget minded travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We decided to drive up to Brattleboro just to relax and see the area. On the way there we called the Inn and the lady was very nice and the room rate was very reasonable. When we got there and checked out the King non smoking roon, it was very musty and the sheets were not clean. We were give another room which was better. The towels however were soiled, the bath needed a good wash and so did the shower curtain. I was even afraid to walk barefooted in the room and on the bathroom floor. The A/c was extremely nosiy so I did not get a good nights sleep. The breakfast was enough to get us started on our journey. We did not try the pool. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. If this place improved on the rooms it would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
abibratt, Front Office Manager at America's Best Inn Brattleboro, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for your review of our inn. We appreciate your compliments on our staff and continental breakfast. It is of utmost importance that our guests are treated with a high level of attentiveness and courtesy. Our "Best" breakfast at America's Best Inns include two types of juice, oatmeal, several bread options including assorted bagels and english muffins. We have now introduce hard boiled eggs in addition to accomodate our high protein diet conscious guests. I would also like to apologize that your guestroom bathroom needed more attention in cleanliness. During the busy summer months,there is more traffic in the hotel in general and I apologize that your bathroom floor felt dirty. We staff housekeeping round the clock and would have been happy to send them to your room and take care of whatever needed extra attention. Thank you again for your review, I appreciate your honesty and fourthright candor on our what we are doing right, and what we need to work on.
Aptos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

When making our plans to travel from Bradford International Airport in Connecticut to Ludlow, Vermont, we booked this hotel because it was one of the only ones available. We should have done more research. While the hotel staff was nice, there was no other redeeming value in this hotel. The room was filthy and falling apart to the point where we had to ask twice for clean towels in our one day stay (one of the first pair of replacements was just as stained with blood, grease, and god knows what else). The blankets on the bed were stained with a crusty, white substance (I'll leave that to your imagination), so we stripped the bed and slept under just the sheet.

After staying the night in our hotel room, we avoided the continental breakfast for fear of food poisoning. The condiments were not stored in a sanitary way (re-using the same containers without cleaning them, leaving them at room temperature), the juice and coffee were watered down and the donuts were basically the kind you get pre-packaged from the supermarket.

We did not spend that much to stay at this hotel, but it would not be worth it at any price. This is the worst hotel I have ever been in or even heard of. Contrary to responses to other reviews on this site, the hotel is inexcusably unclean and needs to be shut down.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
abibratt, Front Office Manager at America's Best Inn Brattleboro, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
I would like to thank you for your review of our inn,although I am disappointed that your guestroom laundry did not meet your expectations. All of our laundry is washed and sanitized in bleach and extremely hot water, yet, from time to time during our busy summer season laundry can become stained. I apologize that the towels you received had not been pre-examined properly. We do our best to provide a clean room to our guests at an affordable price. Our breakfast product condiments (peanut butter, jellies and butter) are stored at room temperature during breakfast hours only,after hours they are,of course, appropriately refridgerated. This provides better taste for our guests. Our coffee is Folger's Company, and we make it per the manufacter's standards. In either event, I thank you for the review, and have taken your complaints to heart.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I cant' say enough about our stay at this Inn. I am very particular when it comes to staying overnight, it has to meet my standards, that are high, I might add, and I always check the room out first. The owner was super nice and allowed me to do this, What I found was, a clean room, and a bathroom, that was five stars plus. Folks, take my advice, this Inn is without a doubt, the place to stay. I enjoyed the swimming Pool, and the breakfast they provided in the morning. They will see us again, and we look forward to it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our Inn. I am so appreciative of your recommendation, as it sounds you put in the extra effort and research to assure a clean, comfortable and affordable stay when travelling. We work hard to provide our guests with these requirements and much more. Customer service is our corner stone, and since we have a management on premises during almost all first and second shifts, we can provide our guests with the special attention they deserve. We look forward to serving you again when your travel plans bring you back to Southern Vermont. Thank you again for your positive review, we truly appreciate knowing how pleasurable your stay with us was!
Milford, NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Worst over night stay ever..First we saw the pool to be empty not working, the only reason we picked this place over others which all had indoor pools! Sign listed lower rates we were not negotiable.Room phone didn't work. NO Ice Machine,WHAT? Picnic table was broken. Then when it was time to turn in he turned his head yelled WTF saw a nail sticking out of the head board less than an inch from his head jumped the board fell off the wall. The other beds head board and there was one in that one as well but sticking out as much.We also found stains on the blanket and blood stain spots on the underside of the comforter.Next mrning we insisted they come see this room.She proceeded to apologize blaming the cleaning staff and that they would pay for these mistakes, and she would refund us immediately. All we could say is you’re damn lucky our head didn't hit that nail or you'd have the biggest law suit imaginable on your hands..then she had the nerve to say, she'd give a big discount on our next stay!! We looked at her like she clearly a nut case, left and didn't look back....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to America's Best Inn Brattleboro? Share your experiences!