“Has two pools” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Brattleboro
Providence, Rhode Island
“Has two pools”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We just picked this place out because it was there and we wanted a pool. It has two pools and indoor and an outdoor. The pools were kept up, the rooms were dated but clean and had a small refrigerator in them. It is a fair price for this stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall it was a fine stay. However, we booked this location to use the pool. There were many times that were not available for use by motel guests and many rules. The pool itself is wonderful. The bed we had was uncomfortable and I actually woke up unable to turn my head-that never happens!!!

Room Tip: Update your website to reflect the terms of use for the pool so people know what to expect.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Merrimack, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything with my stay was fine, right up until I checked out. I get an unauthorized charge on my credit card for $100.00, then I got a voice mail from someone at the Motel stating that if I did not come down to pay them an ADDITIONAL $350 they were going to call the police, the best part of that voice mail is when the women said "We know where you live." She was trying to threaten and intimidate me into giving them money for something I did not do. They said in the voice mail that I smoked in the room, I don't even smoke so how would that have happened? The second issue is they are saying blood EVERYWHERE was the word they used, including on the walls, towels, and bedspreads. That one just doesn't make any sense. I have sent them an email in regards to getting my $100 they illegally took of my card back, and am waiting for a response. But here is what I think happened:

As I was packing up my vehicle one of the housekeepers asked me if I was leaving I said yes and that I was going to bring the keys to the desk now. She said oh no, there is no need. She informed me that I could just leave the door ajar, and place the keys on the table by the door. No I followed her instructions to the letter. IF what they are saying is even TRUE, which after being threatened I am starting to doubt it. But someone must of gone into the room after I left and did whatever ro mess the place up, because when I left the room was actually quite clean. I also left around 8 am, and they must not have gone into the room until around 11 am, because at 1105 am they charged me an additional $100, luckily I only had $110 on that debit card, or I am sure I would be fighting to get back $450,

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Vishal P, General Manager at Colonial Motel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Raztaz88

Thank you for taking the time to discusses this with me via our email conversations. It is disappointing to read your remarks as we are a very warm hearted, caring, respectful hospitality establishment that goes out of our way to accommodate our guests. Majority of the reviews prior to your review are positive and do echo a friendly and caring staff. If you would like to speak further regarding this matter please email me.

Victor
Clinton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

This was a random choice, we just needed a night in Vermont on our road trip. Turned out pretty good though. The bed was ridiculously comfortable, probably the best in the 5 hotels we stayed in. We were in the back in the one story line of rooms and got to back in right in front of our door. It was nice to have a mini fridge in the room too. The only downside was some strange noises, but it was snow storming outside so who knows what it was. The gal at the front desk was super nice and we didn't have any issues checking in or out. Don't expect much for the breakfast - just had coffee and some weird looking muffins that I didn't try.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Stayed overnight while traveling through the area. Older building, but remodeled to be very clean and comfortable. Soap dispensers by sink and shower were great. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Light breakfast bar was a welcome perk. We didn't make it into the pool, but did check it out - very nice. We'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

You are greeted with a smile and given and actual room key, while the enticing smells make you feel like you've just come home. The rooms are average, the toilet paper holder was broken and there is nowhere to hang your coat. But honestly, I always want to come back. The beds are comfortable and clean, as are the rooms. I can walk to my room feeling safe and aside from the retro kookiness of the place, I can't image staying anywhere else when I come to Brattleboro. What ever you are doing or not doing, I count on always coming back to a familiar place to rest my traveler's head. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

So I made a big mistake. We decided to head up to VT a day early, so I booked this place on a whim. I relied on reviews from one site but failed to check other sites that spoke the truth.

Upon walking into the main check in area, it was warm and cozy with a wood stove burning so I felt pretty optimistic. I now realize however... This place is pretty nasty. While the rooms are rather spacious and not as bad as some others (definitely outdated). The indoor stairway areas to get to the second floor are heinous. If you're on the first floor and don't need to go into these areas, consider yourself lucky.

The indoor stairwell areas have horribly stained carpets, chipped paint all over the walls and linens all stashed into a corner on the floor downstairs (is this where the hotel staff keeps them?). Totally disgusting! I've paid less than the $98 I spent here and have received much more in the past at other places.

In terms of the room -
Pros:
- Coffee maker (didn't expect it at this place)
- Small Refrigerator
- Shower pressure was good

Cons:
- One of the main lights didn't work
- Bed wasn't very comfortable. Woke up a lot.

While I wasn't expecting much due to the low price, the photos I saw everywhere made this place to be much better. I didn't check out the pool area which I heard from other reviews was the only redeeming quality. Will probably avoid this place next time and spring for something a little nicer. This town is too cute to rate your experience on with a place like this.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Colonial Motel & Spa? Share your experiences!