Someone earlier called it a "vintage hotel" and I think that's apt, except it's a motel - not hotel. Some aspects of the place are dated or a bit worn, which is typical of motels, but it also has a nice 75-foot saltwater pool and fitness center in a separate building from lodging. It also has a restaurant/tavern and offers complimentary fresh muffins and coffee/tea, or you can upgrade to lattes for a decent price. A Hannaford grocery store is just a walk across the street.
We had excellent customer service - check-in and check-out were a breeze and we didn't require much in between. The room itself was clean and with all of the expected amenities (microwave, fridge, tea/coffee set, TV in an armoire, armchair, desk set, two queen sized beds and plenty of room. That's what struck me most for a motel - there was a lot of room to move.
One of us had trouble sleeping because of a bright light just outside our door. Otherwise, all was well. Plenty of hot water and good water pressure during marathon showers in the morning. If you are just passing through or need a place to park your stuff, I recommend the Colonial. We went during the peak fall foliage season but were still able to get a special rate. If you have time, be sure to dine at the nearby Marina restaurant - great food, service and views.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Motel And Spa
- Colonial Hotel
- Colonial Hotel Brattleboro
- Colonial Motel Brattleboro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colonial Motel & Spa is located in Brattleboro, Vermont. Our rooms range from standard to executive suites and offer FREE wireless internet, air-conditioning, cable TV with HBO and free continental breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Colonial Motel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.