“Clean, Friendly, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamplighter Inn Motel

Lamplighter Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brattleboro
Lamplighter Inn Motel
You added Lamplighter Inn Motel to your Saves list
1336 Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Brattleboro
Syracuse, New York
“Clean, Friendly, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I'm from CT and was passing through Brattleboro VT on my way to Canada, I decided I'd take a night there to rest. The Lamplighter Motel is situated very close to many other hotels/motels but none of them beat Lamplighter's rate (Approx $30-35 for 1 adult, 1 night) With that being said, yes, the room is very minimal. If you're looking for in-room coffee machines, hair dryers, flat screen TV's and high-speed wireless internet, this isn't your place. However, I was just passing through and really needed a good night's rest. I didn't care about TV or wi-fi, however I was told that the wireless internet signal does reach some of the rooms. The woman in the office was super friendly and accommodating. Checking in was a breeze and she was very helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very soft. The bathroom had a walk in shower and plenty of clean towels and soaps. It is literally right next door to a Chinese restaurant, so it's very convenient if you want to pop over for some drinks or takeout. It is also on the same road as many grocery stores, banks, fast food places, etc. It really is a perfect location. Don't let the rusty sign out by the road deter you. If all you're looking for is a hot shower and a decent night's rest, definitely stay here. Why pay double or triple at Motel 6, Super 8, etc? Save yourself the $$$$. If I'm in the area again, the Lamplighter would definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Passaic, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I read the other reviews and thought I was going to find a nice motel.....People actually live in this place... There are two parts one across from the other....The first time I went by in the summer time...there were a bunch of man and women sitting outside drinking and drunk. When I asked where the office was they directed me across the road. I decide to drive to the hotel next door....Just wasn't my cup of tea....

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
west virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

We have stayed at the Lamplighter on quite a few occasions.

The staff is polite and very helpful.

The rooms are very clean

The motel is close to restaurants and close to downtown.

We would definitely stay at the Lamplighter again

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

I give this motel an above average score because the rooms, although in an older building, are super clean and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. If what you're looking for is a clean place to sleep at a great price, this is it!

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2002

If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay try the Lamplighter. The staff is so friendly, and the rooms are super clean. It's not fancy, but it's a really neat vintage motel.They don't take reservations, and it gets full quick, but if you get there early you've got a pretty good chance.

Been to Lamplighter Inn Motel? Share your experiences!