“Steak your claim” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Wallingford
“Steak your claim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have gone to many so call steak houses and they have sometime some difficulty cooking it and I always tell them if you served it on hoof, they would have no complaints from me. As you walked into the lobby you are greeted by a very personnel young lady. The waitress was very attentive. They do everything they could to make your time there very pleasant

Visited November 2012

Naples, Florida
“Great food, big rush”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The New England House has a great atmosphere that reminds one of a rustic pub. The menu is varied and the steaks are first rate. Overall a wonderful meal. However, from the time we arrived, our party of 4 felt rushed. It's not as though there was a waiting line behind us. We wanted a leisurely dinner where we could catch up. We even told our server this. Perhaps it was an effort to give good service. But, We were asked if we were all done before one of our group had finished eating, and presented with a bill before any mention of desert or coffee. The place had emptied out, but we were assured there was a long time to closing time. It took some of the shine off a good meal. Perhaps they just need to revisit the difference between attentive service, and rushed service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Athol, Massachusetts
“Our destination for fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I live in Northern MA, less than an hour driving time from here. When we're in the mood for a good meal, we make this trip. We've never had a bad meal here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts
“Great Dinner Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I went to The New England House for dinner to get out of town for the night (we're from MA). The restaurant is beautiful, perfect old New England style with pretty landscaping and very friendly wait staff. The food was delicious from the Littleneck Clams appetizer special to the perfectly cooked steaks and the AMAZING roasted garlic potatoes (best ever!)...even the salad was great, very fresh and crisp and the blue cheese dressing was awesome. Highly recommended, our only regret is that we didn't realize until we were leaving that they have a beautiful outdoor dining area on their deck...we're going back soon to dine outside! Thanks for a great night New England House!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I went to the NE House tonight expecting a great meal after reading the reviews here. What we had was "fine" but expecting good to excellent it was a disappointment.

The hot rolls with cabot butter were a nice start. The salad that followed was acceptable. My husband had an 8oz filet with rice and vegetables. He said it was unremarkable. Not anything he minded eating but nothing he would go out of his way to have again. I had the lobster mac & cheese and while the cheese sauce was great, the lobster was tough. I ate very little of it. I did have the server box it up but she never inquired on if it was ok. We wrapped up with a apple raisin bread pudding with was the one excellent part of the meal. It would have made up for a lot if it had come warm but cold it was another item that was "almost" great.

Visited February 2012