“Hotel Very Rundown Ramada should be embarassed.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Putney Rd, Brattleboro, VT 05301 (Formerly Ramada Hotel and Conference Center of Brattleboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Brattleboro
Minnesota
“Hotel Very Rundown Ramada should be embarassed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Hotel is very rundown wifi did not work and hadn't for a week. Of course hotel did not mention this at check in. I only found out after we were settled in and it was too late to change hotels. Rooms musty smelling carpet hasn't been changed in at least 30 years.
No extra outlets in rooms. I Can't believe that Ramada allows their name to be attached to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
WATERBORO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

I have been staying in hotels for business for 12 years and should have followed my first instincts about this place and left immediately. However it was late and I was too tired to drive any further so I stayed. I started itching immediately upon leaving in the morning and my the time I arrived at home I had numerous bites all over my back and arms. After a trip to the doctors the next day I was diagnosed with a case of BED BUG bites. While not harmful generally they are extremely itchy and unsightly. I received no response from the owner after numerous calls and no real satisfaction from the Ramada website (name only association according to them) therefore I strongly urge everyone to stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were in Keene, NH for a baseball tourney. The price of the few hotels in Keene where outrageous so we decided to drive the 20 minutes into Vermont. The hotel was fine - good courteous staff, clean rooms. They have a Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel. Great food. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Norwich, CT, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were looking for a decent rate for a hotel with an indoor pool in the area. We travelled with a 4 year old. The double beds we requested were a bit too soft for our tastes. The hotel is older, but kept clean. The indoor pool is fine, sauna worked well, did not try exercise equipment, but there were 3 pieces.

No problems with the front desk. I asked for a comb, no problem. I neede an Do Not Disturb sign, it was delivered to our room no problem. We had take out from the restaurant, Tequila Red one night. The Tex Mex was good, I was given chips and salsa while waiting at the bar for our order.

Not sure what the others were so unhappy about. The hotel was older, but at a very good price. Service was good. TV worked fine, bathrooms clean, room clean. There was a bit of traffic noise, but not so bad I would bother to complain. Expect average accomodations and there will be no disappointment here. Want more, stay somewhere else for a higher price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dummerston, VT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - friend or not. I had booked the pool for my 10-year-old daughter's birthday party, along with a 2-bedroom suite for the night. We paid the entire fee 4 days in advance. When we arrived to check-in for the pool party, we were advised that our suite had not yet been cleaned; to come back later to check in - but go ahead with the pool party. I heard 3 gentlemen chatting in the lobby, saying that they were waiting for the hotel management to arrange a "hospitality suite" for them (they were members of the Shriners organization). I laughed to myself, thinking that they would probably be right next door to us. Little did I know, that the hotel management would actually sell our suite to them! When we came back to check-in, I was told that we had no reservation (even though I had a signed print-out from the sales manager). The only options that we were offered were to either take a 1 bedroom suite, with a pull-out couch & $25 in reimbursement, or a refund of our payment for the room. With 4 10-year-old girls in swimsuits waiting to get into their room to settle in for a long planned & much awaited sleepover party, what choice did I have? To add insult to injury, when we got to our "new room" it had not been cleaned at all - the floors were disgusting!! To the hotel's credit, housekeeping was there within 20 minutes of my distressed & angry phone call. I feel that they sold me out & am planning to report them to the Better Business Bureau of VT. There are other options for accommodations in Brattleboro - please save yourselves the problems that we encountered & stay at one of them!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I don't usually write reviews on places I've stayed at but I thought this place deserved it. My friends and I got in a little later than expected as it was a long drive up the coast. We were greeted by a young woman behind the desk with a great personality, who checked us in promptly, told us they had been expecting our arrival and that our room was all ready.
It's an older building and the room was about average size in comparison to other hotels I've stayed at before but it was nice and warm as they already had the heat and lights on for us. The place was spotless, you could tell they've done an excellent job at keeping the rooms clean.
We were hungry so we went to dinner at thier Mexican restaurant, we were greeted by a well dressed man who seated us and took care of us while we were there. The service was excellent, food was good and we were given a discount there because we were staying at the hotel. There was even a live band that came in and played after dinner, it was great. Overall one of the better experiences I've had at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
planet earth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I recommended the Ramada to out of town guests who were visiting Brattleboro for the biggest event of the year...the reopening of the olympic ski jump on the weekend of Feb. 13th 2009. Service is none existant at this Ramada. The night my guests checked in, the disheveled 60ish front desk clerk was wearing a baseball cap turned sideways, ala "gangsta" style. She then proceeded to tell me and my guests (who were standing in front of her) that they were not due to arrive until the following night. I told her that was not correct, I had booked the entire three day stay two days before with "Amanda". Her reply was, "I didn't say they can't stay here. I only told you when they're supposed to arrive." It all went down hill from there over the next three days. Each encounter with the front desk was a reflection of what corporate organized profit seeking does to the standards of quality in employees. They don't give a hoot because they don't reap any significant rewards. If we walk out, it's no loss to them.

On Feb. 14th, 2009 I began communicating with the corporate "customer care" 800 number for Ramada. I see clearly where the problem lies. They don't give a hoot either. The entire Ramada food chain is bizzare, right on up to the supervisors of Ramada's "Customer Care-less" division.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!