“Great Place, Will Be Back Soon!!” 4 of 5 stars

The Autumn Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   924 East Main Street, Bennington, VT 05201   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Bennington B&B and Inns
Boston
“Great Place, Will Be Back Soon!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Stayed here to go skiing for the weekend up at Mount Snow. Rooms were clean, front desk was very friendly, and price was resonable. One of the front desk personel even brought down a space heater to our room so our kids could warm up their feet after a long day of skiing. We have a season lift pass to Mount Snow and we will be staying here again!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I would not stay at this Motel at any price. The room was not clean by any standards. Did not use the bathtub because it was stained and the rubber mat was disgusting. Noise and banging off and on all night long. The breakfast offered was open boxes of cereal on a table in the office. We were charged an extra $10.00 per room at check in) for first floor rooms.
It was too late in the day to look for other rooms.
This business needs a complete renovation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I found this place online-didn't think it could be too bad as it was $89 for one night. Boy, was I ever wrong. I've traveled the country-never in a million years would I think the worst place I'd ever stay in would be in VT. This place is a nightmare-do NOT stay here! It's dirty, smells of second hand smoke, loud from the music blasting next door at the Moose Club, and things are falling apart-there was a ring of filth around the toilet, the shower door fell in on me while I was trying to take a shower and not touch anything because it was so disgusting. This is a rent by the hour kind of place. I was horrified and should've known when I saw the "no refunds upon check in" sign on the door when I opened the door to my room. I can't say enough negative things about this place-it shouldn't even be in business!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This is the worse motel that I have ever stayed in. Dirty room, filthy bathroom, poor heat, dangerous water temperature variations. It's advertising suggests a quaint New England Inn -- what a bait and switch!! The front building (pictured in the ads) hides an ugly dirty motel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

This hotel was dirty from the lobby to the room. The carpet had not been clearned. The toilet had instructions on how to use a rubber band to make it flush. The wall air conditioning unit was held up with blocks. The lobby had an old table with open boxes of cereal. This is hte worst hotel I have stayed in - never again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

This "Inn" is a real dump. It is so depressing and uninviting that my daughter and I
turned around and left immediately and forteited our room. The photos describing it
are all false. It's not an Inn. It's a dirty, dark, dingy, smelly place. There is no value for the money here as I'd rather lose my money than stay at this dump. There is no Hi-Fi as represented. Complementary breakfast was out in the small sign in room at six o'clock at night when we signed in. In fact, it probably had been out fot the whole month. It included stale cereal in old plastic containers and coffee. My daughter on entering the room and assessing the scene told me "I'm not eating breakfast here." It's an insutl to consumers to offer this accommodation on any respectful site. When we stopped in town, we were told that this was a place prostitutes took their clients. No one should even think of staying here overnight, especially families visiting Benningtown College.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

My husband and i were in the area and randomly picked this motel. There was a sign that said "no refunds" This should have been a red flag for me. The conmdition of the room was not attractive and not clean. The bathroom had been remodeled but the rest of the room was in need of repair. We were glad that we did not have to turn on the air or heat. They were hooked up by an extension cord, It was a bad experience and definitely overpriced. I felt that we were tkaen advantafe of.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Autumn Inn? Share your experiences!