“Beer awesome but Food Pathetic” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“Beer awesome but Food Pathetic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband were in the area and had dinner here July 7th 2013. My husband had the beer sampler - you get 8 4oz. small beer glasses, they had 6 out of the 8 beers they advertised and substituted 2 of them for other 'guest' beers. My husband was pretty happy about the beers and ordered more of one of the beers he liked. However, the food was a nightmare. Nachos was dripping with grease - I think they most probably re heated the cheese and had no seasoning. My husband ordered 'traditional' wings and we were surprised to see a ton of grated cheese on top of the wings, something we have never seen before. The wings were not even warm and we really didn't like it. Go here for their beer, not their food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Stockertown, Pennsylvania
“It was good..thats about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We tried one of the samples and it was good. Not show stopping. Maybe next time we are in we will give the food a try.

• Visited May 2013
Abbot
“Do NOT miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

How fortunate we had Internet trouble at our hotel and decided to drive around a bit through the downtown area. As a result we happened to spot this great place... we love pub dining and are inclined to try local brews, so we parked on Main Street and headed in... By the time we left, our major complaint was that we live too far away to come back and try all the dishes on the menu. As it were, we opted for a shepherd's pie and quesadillas after starting with an order of nachos. Everything was incredible... portions were more than ample, cooked to perfection.

Service was extremely pleasant--perhaps a bit slow, but it was a busy Saturday night. By the time we finished things had slowed down and we had an opportunity to chat with our server that was quite delightful... not only does she believe in the place she works, she's an interesting person and passionate school teacher!

As for the beer, we tried only two and found both to our liking. Like wine, I'm inclined to avoid much comment because so much depends on personal taste.

Pricing was more than fair--if we lived closer we would likely become regulars.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin , TX
“Good food- local ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and grown son stopped here for dinner 7-5-2013. The desk clerk at our small local hotel recommended it, and we were pleased overall. We were seated right away and had an attentive waitress. Menu had a variety. I had the London Broil medallions, which were very good, although I'm glad I ordered the wine sauce on the side. My son had the pork schnitzel which was a little different but good, and my husband had the hamburger- also good. We would eat here again!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Outstanding burgers and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am always on the lookout for a place that serves locally made beer. We went there primarily for this reason but I must say we were very pleasantly surprised; so much so that (since we were in town for several days) we had lunch there one day and dinner another.

For lunch my wife had quiche and she told me it was delicious. I had a perfectly cooked bison burger that was thick and juicy and not overwhelmed by the toppings. They had a special hopback IPA on tap and it was delicious.

When we went back for dinner we ate outside and I had a venison burger (again perfectly cooked, which is not always a guarantee as many places overcook venison to the point of creating shoe leather).

The service was very pleasant and very prompt. We saw people from all ages (including families with children) so I really think it caters to anyone and everyone. I would say it is well worth a stop, especially if you are a microbrew fan.

• Visited June 2013