“The perfect diner!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Rolling Meadows
“The perfect diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Relatively new diner on south end of town. Huge cups of coffee.....fast and friendly service.....great homemade jams, breads, hash, biscuits and gravy.........immaculate restrooms. What more do we diner folks want......oh yeah, reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent diner in every way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My hotel did not have a breakfast option so I went searching and found this very good choice. The menu is traditional for breakfast time and my bacon and eggs were well-executed. Service was with a smile and very quick. Who could ask for anything more?

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vermont
“Three Time's The Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have had the opportunity to eat breakfast with my family here three times in the past two weeks. All food ordered was satisfactory,; the coffee was uniformly weak. On our last visit the server brought us the totaled check promptly unlike the previous two visits. Little boys will like sitting at the table by the front picture window to watch the trucks stop at the intersection outside. However, for a quieter meal away from the noisy locals at the counter, choose a booth seat in the dining room. The bathroom is among the cleanest I've ever seen. Vehicles with trailers have plenty of room to park around the corner and persons with disabilities would have no difficulty as there's a ramp and no door sill.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stockertown, Pennsylvania
“My parents swear by this place but I wasnt impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

So my parents are locals and they come here religiously. When we've accompanied them the past two times its been hit or miss. The raspberry pancakes were out of this world but their western omelet was awful. The sausages were deep fried and dry. The coffee is excellent and I love they give you grown up sized cups. The servers are friendly enough but dont handle crowds well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Castalia, Ohio
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a cheerful, pleasant diner and on a Sunday morning is very busy; so imagine my disappointment when my breakfast sandwich turned out to be an awful flop. I really should have sent it back. It was supposed to be on a fresh biscuit but that biscuit was anything but fresh. It literally crumbled away and I left it in a heap on my plate and picked out the rest of the sandwich which wasn't so great either. Not a good value, I'm sorry to say. Had hoped to have better things to say about the Sunny Side.

• Visited May 2013