“Stunning Drive” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Scenic Drives
Activities: Viewing foliage, Driving
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A 40-mile scenic drive between Bennington and Brattleboro.
Grand Rapids, MI
141 attraction reviews
“Stunning Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We took this drive from Bennington to Brattleboro. There are numerous hiking opportunities along the route, but unfortunately we didn’t plan enough time to do any of them. I can’t count the number of times we pulled off for pictures. We were there in the first week of October and the colors were brilliant, although they hadn’t peaked. They needed another week. We passed through several small towns, one with a picturesque covered bridge right beside the road. If you want to take in a hike or two and explore the littl bergs, I can see this drive taking all day. For us though, it was only about two hours. I wish we’d have had more time to explore the area.

Visited September 2012

Colchester, Vermont
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Definitely worth the drive. Lots of scenic places to stop, my husband and I really enjoyed the Mount Olga trail at Molly Stark State Park, the fire tower at the top gives an amazing view of the surrounding mountains. We also enjoyed Green Mountain National Forest - Little Pond, we didn't complete that hike, but what we did see was beautiful.

Visited March 2013
Bennington, Vermont
“Just what you expect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I hike as often as possible. I love the kiosks and the well kept trails. I will spend next summer going more often and to other parts of the trail, I cannot wait!

Visited August 2012
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
45 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Driving along the picturesque road fills your senses with delight. There is a river that runs along the road - the rocks were covered with snow and the water glistened in the sunshine. There are some little shops every so often to stop in - some churches to photograph and some parks where there are trails if you like to hike.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
37 attraction reviews
“Heading to Benninotn VT? Take the Molly Stark Trail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Truly, a beautiful road. My wife and drove this road this fall, absolutely a must see. BUT, don't be in a hurry, it is too beautiful to zip by. Plan on making multiple stops to enjoy the views and the scenery. Make sure you take your camera. This is difinitely a must see.

Visited October 2012