My husband and I recently stayed at the Paradise Inn. The reason that we even tried this hotel is because we have previously stayed at the Best Western in Bennington, however we chose to find a new hotel because the beds at the Best Western in the handicapped accessable rooms were too high. I had to pull my husband into bed every night last year.
I called around to most of the hotels in Bennington and found that the Paradise Inn did have a fully handicapped room available for the dates we were going. I have to admit that we were a bit aprehensive because this was not a chain hotel. We were,however pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The room was nice certainly large enough for the wheelchair, the bathroom was large with a roll in shower that also had a shelf at the far end for someone to sit on and a moveable showerhead. The bed was kingsize and a good height for my husband to get into without my assistance. The room was clean, the furnishings were a bit dated but nice. There were two highbacked stuffed chairs,a dresser, a table/desk area where my husband could set up the computer and two end tables by the bed. We were on the first floor and had a nice sliding glass door onto a small patio that looked onto the parking lot. I was pleased to see that there were two locks on the glass slider and a lock on the screen. The weekend that we were there the weather was too hot and humid to use the screen but it was nice to see that on another trip we could use it if the weather was cooperating. The only thing that was slightly dissapointing was the fact that there was no breakfast included with the room. They did have coffee and tea in the mornings which was very good. They also have a pool, and a tennis court. We did not use either of these, however I did take a walk around the grounds one night. They were nice enough although they did look like they could use a little grooming around the edges. The pool looked very refreshing and clean.
Overall I know that we will be staying at this hotel again next year, as it had what we needed and was clean and all the staff that we dealt with were very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paradise Inn is Bennington’s most unique place to stay. Enveloped in gardens and lawns, the Inn is quiet, secluded, peaceful, yet just five minutes from quaint downtown Bennington by foot, where you’ll find shops and great restaurants, coffee and pizza, a fantastic gym and much more. Our 77 rooms are clean, spacious, and well-maintained, and priced ever-so-reasonably. The prefect lodging for individuals, couples, families, and groups, our rooms come in a variety of sizes, from Suites with patios or decks to comfortable economy rooms with king/queen or double beds. Our pool is solar heated to just the right temperature in the summer and surrounded by a slate-stone patio with many chairs and umbrella covered tables. There's great dining just a minute walk away or in downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Paradise Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Hotel Bennington
- Paradise Motel Bennington
- Paradise Motor Inn