“Lobster rolls!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Vermont, USA
“Lobster rolls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I am hesitant to buy lobster anywhere that is not on the coast, but this place has fresh lobster rolls that rival any found in Maine ( and this is spoken by a Mainiac!). Everything on the menu is of the highest quality and the home made soups are amazing. This small roadside stand is a delightful find on Route 103, near Exit 6 off I-91 just north of Bellows Falls, VT.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great roadside stop for lunch/dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stopped here for a quick lunch on our way out of VT. The prices are perfect, there's tons of options, and the woman was extremely friendly. There was a cute charm about this roadside stop that drew us in immediately. Plenty of vegetarian/vegan options as well -- the tofu pup was great! This is a new 'must visit' when going through VT :)

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Make this stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I drove by this place on our way to a wedding week in Ludlow and pulled over for lunch with our dog. Great food; looooooved the chili; lemonade was perfect; grabbed some farm fresh eggs too! We will stop by on our way home :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I past this place often so I decided to finally stop. I thought it was a bit expensive. Anyway I decided to give it a try, I had the New England Clam Chowder. Never did I think it would be the best thing I have ever tasted. From a little shack on the side of the road you would not think the soup would be this good. I have been to many restaurants and they don't even have soup this good. It was rich, creamy nice warm and fresh tasting. I will come hear again and again and again, because it is that good it is so worth the price now that I had some.

• Visited February 2014
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Good soup & a good laugh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Pretty simple, but simple is what I like. They had a variety of tasty sounding soups. I had creamy chicken and my husband had (I believe it was called) Cheech & Chong Chilli that was said to be made with grass-fed beef. About $15 for 2 soups; I feel like it is a little pricey and that the portions were a smidge on the small side, but it was warming, good quality and delicious. I feel like especially when you're on vacation and tempted by lots of fancy fare, it's really nice to find a shack that has simple, yummy, hot soups. Fast food done with integrity. I would totally return. Also, c'mon... they're called, "Smokin' Bowls".

Visited October 2013