“Loved my stay at the Hollow Inn Motel” 5 of 5 stars

The Hollow Inn and Motel
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   278 South Main Street, Barre, VT 05641   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Barre B&B and Inns
barre
“Loved my stay at the Hollow Inn Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I found my stay at the hollow inn to be very pleasant. the room was very well kept with a comfortable queen bed excellent wifi connection to my laptop anywhere on the property.
staff was very friendly and accomodating , they were very good hosts and do their best to make their guests feel at home. I found the Hollow Inn a great gem hidden in rural gorgeous Vermont my stay at the Hollow Inn has been very relaxing & a great vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I cannot even begin to describe how nasty this place is. It's dirty, smelly, and just gross. Sleeping in the car would have been a better option. We slept in full clothes just to feel like we were protecting ourselves. Debated if showering in the morning was the cleaner option. Not worth a dime of your money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Laconia, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

With a reservation in place we checked into the Hollow Motel. I was less than impressed. The rooms were small, the breakfast barely adequate with stale donuts, bathroom needed extra care and the curtain kept falling down. Owners were nice though. Will look for something more suitable next time in Town.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Halifax, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I traveled with my best friend and her 3 children to The Hollow Inn and Motel. We arrived around 9:30 pm and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and with the value that we paid. We had hoped to spend a second night, but it did not work out that way.

Two queen size beds, a flat screen TV, a desk, a chair and table to sit at, a kitchenette area and a huge bathroom. There was a complimentary breakfast which was great and consisted of waffles, cereal, muffins, english muffins, bagels and juice.

We would highly recommend staying here. The gentleman at the front desk was amazing as well!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

When my plans fell through, I had to stay the night in Barre. At midnight, I could not find any hotel or motel with staff to help me check in. I came across The Hollow, which had a sign out front that late check-ins should call using the phone out front. I did this, and the manager, I.J., was kind enough to get out of his bed and get me checked in. When my key didn't work to unlock the room I'd been assigned, I called him again and dragged him out of bed again. He did not complain at all, and gave me a new room immediately.

The room was extremely clean and comfortable. It was a very relaxed environment, perfect for what I required. The free breakfast included fresh waffles, cereal, muffins, fresh fruit, etc, far beyond what a "normal" hotel breakfast consists of. To top it off, I found out that I.J. does everything. He is manager, house-keeper, chef, receptionist, and advertiser (in addition to being a father of several kids). And he never refuses a guest, no matter what the hour.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Be kind, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We pulled a one nighter at the Hollow and unfortunately can;t say much good about it. Our room appeared to have been hastily cleaned and a used plastic cup and a sock were left behind. The sheets had some hair on them which we noticed immediately when pulling the sheets back. Also a faint odor near the bed area which was probably from the sock we found. Not recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Camden, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I never have the opportunity to travel much and prefer to stay close to home but on this trip I stayed at Hollow because of a recommendation from an acquaintance in the area. I had an efficiency or kitchenette or whatever they are called. I was weirded out by the lack of cleanliness particularly around the kitchen/cooking area. The provided cooking apparatus needed closer scrutiny because it didnt seem like anyone really goes through all that after each guest. The motel needs a major renovation because it is old and overly used. The people running the place could be a bit nicer as well. Next time, I will look for a classier place to stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Hollow Inn and Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hollow Inn and Motel

Address: 278 South Main Street, Barre, VT 05641
Location: United States > Vermont > Barre
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Barre
Hotel Class:2 star — The Hollow Inn and Motel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Hollow Inn and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hollow Hotel Barre

If you own or manage The Hollow Inn and Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.