“Very Rude Staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Salt Lake City North - Woods Cross

You added Motel 6 Salt Lake City North - Woods Cross to your Saves list
Motel 6 Salt Lake City North - Woods Cross
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2433 S 800 W, I-15 at Exit 318/Rt 93, Woods Cross, UT 84087   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woods Cross
“Very Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff is very rude.. they are never there at front desk always have to wait they dont clean your room everyday only 2 times a week which is pretty gross when your stayin here for awhile. They dont even care to ask if you need clean towels or toilet paper or anything.. my husband is here working in a refinery and this is the worst motel 6 I have ever stayed at.. Do Not recommend

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I don't imagine why all these people are so unsatisfied, but I can say that this a very nice place to stay. It was unexpensive, fast service (I arrived very late and was very tired from a 18-hour flight). The room was clean and cozy, all things like towels, soap - were on the place. I did not expect such service for such money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It wouldn't be fair to compare a Motel 6 with other hotels, so this review is comparing this Motel 6 to others that I have stayed at.

CUTTING CORNERS IN REMODEL
At other Motel 6 locations that have the newly designed rooms, I have been really impressed. This property does have the new room style, but it looks almost like they did the bare minimum required by Motel 6 corporate requirements. For example, in other hotels that have undergone the remodel, they've replaced all the furniture including sinks, heating/cooling, etc. This property still has the old sinks, very old heating/cooling, etc.

INVASION OF PERSONAL SPACE/INFORMATION
The other disturbing thing is that I asked the front desk for extra pillows because there are only two...I like several. When she brought them up, she saw someone in my room, a friend who traveled to visit while I was there, and the conversation followed:
Clerk: "I noticed you are the only one on the reservation."
Me: "Yes, it's just me".
(pause, like she was waiting for me to explain WHO and WHY this person was in my room...none of her business).
Clerk: "Well, if you have another guest here, you should have paid for him."
Me: "Right...but I'm the only one staying here. I just have a friend visiting".
Clerk: "Well, visiting hours end at 11pm, so he will need to leave by then".

Really? Visiting hours at a room that I've paid for? Is this a hostel or a hotel?

I truly didn't even know if my friend was going to be able to come visit or not, so I didn't ever think to include him when I booked the room. We spent a lot of time catching up (hadn't seen each other in a long time) and weather conditions deteriorated (terrible fog), I decided to have him stay (he lives quite a distance from where I was staying). I called down and said to go ahead and add one guest to my bill. She said, "Sir, you should have paid for him when you checked in". Sheesh! I didn't even know if he was going to come visit at all, let alone stay the night! And all this over the $5-6 fee for an extra occupant. So, she made me come back down to the front desk and run another separate credit card charge. She also required me to give the full name of my friend. Again, which is not really their business. I paid for the room and the extra guest, plus my name was on the reservation. That should have been sufficient. I have never had this type of experience when traveling out of town and having old friends come to visit. Terrible invasion of privacy.

VENDING
One of the vending machines, almost all of the buttons to select a soda were ripped out, so you could only really buy water out of that machine.

SUMMARY
Motel 6 brand can be a great place to stay for those on a budget. Some properties are new, clean and GREAT customer service (Las Vegas for example). This is not one of those hotels. I will not come back here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

When my wife and I travel, we want a nice, clean, inexpensive place to stay - that way there's more money to spend on the sights, the food, etc. The previous reviewers complained about stains and smells and bugs and all kinds of nasty things. Our room was nice, clean, inexpensive, not one stain, or bug, or smell. The only thing that detracted from anything was a pullchain in the toilet tank that frequently had to be reattached - big deal! With a couple of restaurants adjacent, and more just on the other side of I-15, this Motel 6 is in a great spot and we'd go there again if we came to the Salt Lake area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Twin Falls, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife, myself, and another couple decided to stay here after going to Lagoon instead of driving back to Idaho. The room was cheap, and the location was convenient. The man at the front desk was acted very put-out when we asked for a couple of extra bottles of soap when we checked in. He was very reluctant to get them for us and informed us that they don't supply basic toiletries with the room. When we got to the room we found two very old beds with mattresses that are bowing in the center. There was dirt in fine powder form all over the carpet, as if it hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. You'll probably get the same quality of sleep if you save your money and sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010 via mobile

The the first bed had blood a over like someone had been stabbed the other bed was cometely urine stained. I wad afraid to sleep on either bed in fear of catching some disease. The air conditioner did not work. Carpet stains just nasty dirty rooms those beds need burned

• Stayed July 2011
Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We have stayed at this motel each year for seven years. Never again. Problems during our four day stay-- Dirt, cigarette burns on bedspread and floor, bedbugs! My wife and I sustained multiple bites and killed one to show the manager. We were told we could have another room, but would have to check out, pack up all our belongings and check back in that evening. The receptionist said we could have another room right away. The maid came in, stripped the bed, took a dim flashlight and told us, no, we had to check out by noon. She was surly, as if it were our fault, and said she could see no bugs. The manager finally consented to another room right away, and said she would have the prior room fumigated. We did not see any evidence of that, and the affected room was re-rented that night. The new room had a faulty smoke detector. We left unimpressed and shall never return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Salt Lake City North - Woods Cross? Share your experiences!