“Stayed 4 Days” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in West Valley City
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Stayed 4 Days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friend and I shared a double for 4 days. It had all the amenities as advertised. Breakfast was fine. Plenty of parking and excellent highway access though I could not hear the traffic. The manager was hands on, driving the shuttle, speaking Spanish with the housekeepers though he was not latino, as well as assisting on the front desk.
The hotel is making improvements to the rooms. I saw painters and peeked at a newly freshened room. The paint job made the room more contemporary and the manager later said he's buying new bedding to revitalize the appearance.
The housekeeping staff was exceptional. My room was exactly as I requested when I returned from my daily business.
I would stay here again. One con was no elevator but the front desk immediatly changed me to ground floor without any discussion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Turlock, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I travel 48 weeks a year and this is the worst service I have ever experienced, rooms are advertised as Queen Beds, They are in fact double beds. A/C did not work in our room and when we asked about a new room we were informed that we would have to wait untill the manager returned and could check the A/C before we could be moved. The smoke alarm was chirping in the new room due to low battery and there were lamps that did not work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hampton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The people at front desk we very friendly and helpfull ! It was a very clean place and car rental was within walking distance. There was quite a few eating places all around it. Free breakfast every morning if you wanted it waffles, cereal,toast , baggles, fruit, juice,milk ,and coffee .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
vail
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

When we checked in it was very late and we were exhausted. I had my son kill the spiders and remove the cobwebs directly over the bed and went to sleep in spite of the condition of the hotel. The next morning and asked woman at the front desk to have the rest of the cobwebs (over the lights, in all the corners, on the emergency fire water spickets and under the bed skirts) removed. I also asked her to have the bedspread with holes burned into it replaced. She said she would have the cleaning girls take care of it. There was also a musty odor to the room which I didn't complain about as I didn't think there was anything they could do about it. We would have left imediately, but there was a convention in town and there were no other rooms available in the area. We returned the next evening to discover that nothing had been corrected. I spoke with my brother and made arrangements to move in with him for the remainder of the week. I hadn't wanted to inconvenience my family, but the conditions at this hotel are unsanitary. I informed the front desk that we would be leaving in the morning and why. This was a mistake. We should have packed up and left that night, in spite of the late hour. During the night I was bitten several times on my legs. We killed several bugs and brought one to the front desk. I looked the bugs up online and they looked like bed bugs, but they were black, not brown. I don't know if bed bugs come in black, but they certainly had the same shape and size as bed bugs, and they bit me in bed. The woman at the front desk laughed at me when I told her she had bed bugs and showed her the bug. She said "I love it when guests claim we have bed bugs. We have those bugs, I see them up here around the front desk all the time, but they aren't bed bugs. Bed bugs are brown, and she threw the bug smashed in the tissue away. I do, however, still have pictures of the bites on my legs. I paid $99 a night to stay at this trash heap and had the worst service I've ever had in my life. If you value your skin find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We made reservations 2 months in advance, When we checked in, the room rate was $15 over what our confirmation was. They did refund the difference but had we not checked, we actually were charged the higher amount. The correct amount WAS in their system they acknowledged but apparently this was a careless over charge. Rooms were clean, except some mold on shower ridges. Refrigerator did not function. Manager- it was very difficult to understand his Indian accent. They were all polite and allowed us an hour late check-out.. Breakfast was adequate, fine. Walking distance to Maverick Center was great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Waterford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Pros:
-Overall friendly staff (the housekeeping people were really nice :) )
-Free breakfast (the waffles and cereal were good)
-Inexpensive
-Decent location (it's not downtown, but it's easy to get to everything. There's a car rental place within walking distance)
- airport shuttle

Cons:
-The room smelled musky and moldy
-I think there was black mold (room 126 next to the show. Get it under control, people)
-The bed linens were off-putting (I wouldn't even let my daughter touch the comforter, there were some cigarette burns in the linens, stains on the bedskirt, and the sheets were worn thin)

Overall, it wasn't terrible. I got over the gross bed once I reasoned with myself that it wouldn't kill me. The black mold (or even if it's just regular mold) is completely unacceptable.

I wouldn't have given it 2.5 stars, but that isn't allowed so I bumped them up a half star.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here last month. it was one of the best hotel i have ever been in west valley city.. all other hotels are very expensive and doesn't provide quality service. this was very economical hotel with wonderful service. Their breakfast is very good. the rooms are very clean and the front desk staff is very nice. i would recommend everyone to stay here if they ever go to west valley city..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!