“Good for the cost” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn Salt Lake City/West Valley

You added Baymont Inn Salt Lake City/West Valley to your Saves list
Baymont Inn Salt Lake City/West Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2229 West City Center Court, West Valley City, UT 84119   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in West Valley City
Council Bluffs
“Good for the cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very pleasant staff, room was clean and bed was nice. Very large bathroom which is different. Room did not smell smokey which was great.

Room badly in need of an update.

Access to the airport and to downtown Salt Lake is great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
salt lake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My big semi truck broke down, so I took it to the local Freightliner dealer, I grabbed a flyer for local hotel's. I see Baymont is only $55.00 call them to make sure my dog can stay and see how much extra it may be for the dog. Guy say's no extra for dog's, Great!! I told the man on the phone how I am at the freightliner and headed to him now. So I get to the Front desk a lady is there, and I said I just spoke to the guy on the phone a minute ago about a room, she looks around like there is no guy here and looks back to me as if I am crazy, so how about a room, I have a dog with me is there any extra charge? She say's $50.00, I said let me go back to my vehicle and grab the flyer make sure I am at the right place, I grab the flyer, come back in, this IS the same place, I told the lady again I just talked to the guy and he said it was free, she say's no it will be applied to the card, I say do you keep the $50.00 or what? She say's no if there is any damages that is what the $50.00 is for. AHHH that is cool, no problem I will take a room. I said the price is $55.00 for the night right? She say's no, only if your a truck driver, I say I am a truck driver, my truck is broke down at the Freightliner now, she says no it's not $55.00 you have to be picked up by the shuttle from the Freightliner, I pulled out the flyer and showed it to her and I said it doesn't say that on this here flyer. I don't have time to argue with her, so I call her an idiot and leave. I called the manager and left a message saying what happened, and how this is ridiculous, I am sure they will have every single room booked tonight with the wonderful customer service at the front desk and if he cares to fix this problem he should call me right away. Well no call back yet, I guess they don't need new customer's, Anyway if your looking to avoid having problem, and a hassle free stay, I'm sure another hotel will treat you far better then this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Boise Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

When staying in a hotel you expect the typical noise that inconsiderate people can create. In my room I experienced that as well as a jack hammer type noise through out our stay. off and on day or night. It was coming from the walls so of can only assume it was the pipes. I also had a non smoking room, but as soon as I stepped off the elevator the whole floor smelled of smoke including my room.

• Stayed May 2013
Graham, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Upon arrival the welcome carpert at the front desk was dirty. First tought must be the wind blowing stuff in. Same in the hallway. Maybe the vacuum broke. Next morning the breakfast area was not illuminated. Like hiding the dirt on the floor. After I got back from work that evening, they did not put soap and shampoo in the room. I had to get it from the front desk. The next day there was only one bathtowel on the rack, normally there are two. The desk lamp and the lamp at the wall where unplugged. I had to move furniture to find the outlets. Not good, specially when using a laptop. For the wall lamp there was no outlet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for AMA Supercross races and this was the perfect price and had all the right stuff we needed; free breakfast, bed, shower, pool and parking.
The staff was super friendly, especially the housekeepers. Always a smile, hello, please and thank you from everyone. Management trained this staff perfectly.
Only a walk away from many restaurants and a movie theater. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.This would be a perfect hotel for families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, and that is it's selling point. Easy access to the airport, to the city, or down to Provo if you need to get back and forth like we do. But there are several other hotel around it, so pick one of them.
We have stayed here for years, bringing large groups for various church related activities. This past weekend will be the last time. After we arrived and checked in, we drove our car to the end of the hotel where our three rooms were located. We did not have to use our key card to get in that door because of the young adults that were congregated there smoking and drinking. A couple of them were sitting in there cars around the side of the building. A couple of them were standing around talking and wrapped in towels, obviously just out of the Jacuzzi. They made it clear that we were intruding on them by walking past them to get to our rooms. The rooms are fine; they always have been. We never eat breakfast in the breakfast area. It is left unattended for long periods and runs out of everything. It feels dirty---and if you arrive within 15 minutes of when they stop serving you are really out of luck. The 2nd night we were there the young adults that were all crashing in the stairwell began to fight at 3am and the profanity-laced screaming woke us up. After screaming for 15 minutes an hour of door slamming began as people apparently began to leave the stairwell area. Interesting night. The exit trash can by the stairwell was overflowing with trash and the beer bottles were strewn around. What a mess. Even after we talked to a young man at the front desk the trash was not removed. He made a small adjustment on our bill--kind of a joke---because remember, we stayed a total of 12 nights (4 nights x 3 rooms) and he took off 1 night x 1 room.
I think you would have a more enjoyable time if you spent a little tiny bit more and stayed at one of the surrounding hotels; that's what we will be doing from now on.

Room Tip: Stay away from the west end if you must stay there.