“Holiday Inn Express West Valley, UT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3036 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City, UT 84119   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in West Valley City
Commerce City, Colorado
“Holiday Inn Express West Valley, UT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel is clean. The hotel has a huge water park attached so you have a lot of child noise in the hallways till about 9:00. Ample parking great breakfast. The breakfast area is very large. Do not use GPS to get to the hotel it is not accurate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away form the pool area and not on the 2nd floor if you are traveling for business.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Andrew F - Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are happy you choose to stay with us during your stay in the Salt Lake area. I do apologize if you experienced noise issues. We do enforce quiet hours from 10:00pm - 6:00am. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in Salt Lake.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

When we arrived, Salt Lake City was beginning their heat wave and what a treat we had with the waterpark. The admission is free with the hotel. The hotel is pretty new and big. We had a nice spacious room with the usual HIE amenities. The breakfast was hot and tasty. I especially liked the quality of the bread. In fact, everywhere in Utah, the food was pretty good and baked good delicious! My daughter really enjoyed the waterpark and we really enjoyed the hot tub after several hours of driving. It is near several restaurants across the street and a movie theater. The staff was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a Stay America which attached to this property. It seems really nice with a fireplace and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you family trip 36 for taking the time to write a review of your hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities the hotel had to offer. We hope to see you again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I LOVE this hotel! Every chance I get to stay here I jump at it. I used to live in Salt Lake City and would go once a month. Since moving to Orlando, I haven't been back in the salt lake area in over two years. My wife and I had been planning a surprise for family for four months and this hotel was on our list to stay from day one. When I checked in the manager at the hotel was the one to check me in. Honestly, I have forgotten her name, but she was a god-send. I had booked the waterpark room, which included 7 free wristbands. I had no idea my whole family of 15 would be coming with us to swim. She was wonderful in securing the extra wristbands at NO CHARGE! On top of that, she offered me a soda and two candy bars! Unbelievable service! I book for a large booking company and am the group sales manager. After this stay, I will HIGHLY recommend stays at this hotel. The rooms were extreamly comfortable and big! Only negative, and not in my mind, but wife loves to take a bath, and room only had walk in shower, no biggie, but if you are in need of a bathtub, make sure you ask. Breakfast was excelllent! Pancakes, French Toast, Biscuits and Gravy, omelettes, among alot of other food! Anyways, Thanks to the manager once again for making a great family reunion even greater!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Adam S - It was wonderful to hear from you again and I'm so pleased to hear that your family reunion was a success. You and your family were a pleasure to have stay with us and I'm so glad you all enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you will choose us again next time you are the Salt Lake area.
Coldwater, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here June 9, last minute change in plans, decided to stop for the night earlier than planned. They had a queen suite for us (Thanks Leah!!), large, clean room, with a fridge, microwave and wet bar area. Very nice room. Kids were tired and cranky until they found out about the water park. They loved it! I liked that it had a shallow area with a water slide for my 4 yr old, and you had to have a room key to access it. Kids played there until after 9pm and then bathed and passed out! Great way to release their energy after being cooped up in a car for 8+ hours! Breakfast was good, with a great selection! Dining area was large and clean. Hotel was clean and quiet, Front desk was very helpful. Will definately stay here again if we are back in the area!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much browneyedgirl077 for the great review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to adjust your reservation and get you into a suite to better accomodate your family. I'm happy to hear that you had some family fun time in our pool and that your children had a great time. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Brigham City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has excellent customer service, delicious breakfast and very clean rooms. The water park is great if you bring your children or grandchildren and has a indoor pool and water slide so you are able to stay anytime of the year. Great place to take your children or grandchildren for their birthday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you Sandra H for the great review of our hotel. We love to hear from all our guests and especially love knowing that our guests have had a great experience here with us. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in Salt Lake City.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I must say this has been one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Shuttle service to and from the airport was a huge plus for me and my husband. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff were outstanding quick check in and very helpful. Especially James he is one of the best employees there. Housekeeping was great too every time we saw them they were always smiling. Rooms were super clean. Breakfast was great and the lady manning the breakfast area was awesome. She made us feel very welcomed and at home. Our entire stay was great and will 100% be back every time we are in Salt Lake City/West Valley.

• Stayed February 2013
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments on our staff and hotel. I will pass along your comments to the General Manager. It is so great to hear that our staff is doing great at providing the best service. We look forward to your next stay with us.
American Fork, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent 1 night here. I was very happy with how clean and nice the rooms were. Beds were very comfortable. Kids loved the waterpark area. I thought the pools/tub had way too much chlorine. Many people in our group ended up coughing, eyes hurting from chemical in there. But that may have just been a bad day there. Still we had fun. Staff was excellent, accommodating and professional. Breakfast bar was good too. Only other complaint was needing your key card to get in and even out of the pool, and the stairwells, had several people have to run soaking wet through the parking lot to get back to their room, or stuck in the stairwell with no card. Overall a nice place, very family friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Trinna A - Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a problem in the pool area with the chemical irritation and with the room keys. We do apologize for any inconvenience they may have caused you and your family, but it was great to hear that you did have a fun stay. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark

Address: 3036 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City, UT 84119
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > West Valley City
#4 Family Hotel in West Valley City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark 2.5*
Brand new in Summer of 2009, the Holiday Inn Express in West Valley City, Utah is the newest and most modern hotel in the area. Conveniently located off I-215 and just south of I-80, our contemporary designed property is surrounded by majestic mountains and within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and entertainment. Our hotel is minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City International Airport, Temple Square, USANA Amphitheatre, Rocky Mountain Raceway, Valley Fair Mall, E-Center (home of the Utah Grizzlies), Utah Olympic Oval, Hale Centre Theatre, Hogle Zoo, Energy Solutions Arena (home of the Utah Jazz), and the new Gateway Mall. We are a short drive from many premier ski resorts such as Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude, Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley and The Canyons. You will experience luxurious accommodations and a plethora of amenities such as a complimentary breakfast buffet featuring a variety of hot items, business center, fitness room, meeting space, wired and wireless, high-speed Internet access. Guests will enjoy our 3 story water park featuring 3 pools including a zero entry wading pool, a 183 foot water slide, heated whirlpool, party room, arcade, concession area, and a wet and wild jungle gym. We are confident that your stay in West Valley City will be a memorable experience and you ll have mountains of fun, so Stay Smart! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites West Valley City - Waterpark
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark Utah

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.