“Good hotel, just a little bit noisy.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in West Valley City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good hotel, just a little bit noisy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks in August 2012, overall this hotel delivered everything they promised plus more, it was clean & modern, the room was comfortable, clean and well equipped, the staff polite & helpful. However in a good hotel you walk into your room and close the door and it is peaceful, you don't know that there are other guests, that is not the case in this hotel, the walls are thin, you could here people having sex, children screaming, even the people in the next room talking in bed at night. Then their were people who would stand on the sidewalk outside the room talking on the cell phones and you could tell when the maintenance guys were about by the chatter from their radios. This was a good hotel but I think I just had a lousy room, would I stay here again? probably not, would I recommend it to you? yes, because it is still a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear passenger94,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and for noticing the cleanliness of our hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really love staying at high end hotels, however because of location there were not my usual types available. But I must say how impressed I was with the entire hotel. The room was clean, smelled fresh and was spacious. The free breakfast buffet was surprisingly tasty with ample choices. I wasn't expecting such service for this incredible value. Teaches me to be judgmental!! I will definitely book another stay if I need to be in the Salt Lake City area. The gym was very nice, went twice. It overlooked the pool and had music and a flat screen TV. Good security in the building and nice clientele were added pluses. The staff were attentive and very friendly, you could tell someone trained them properly.A great stay, you wont be sorry.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for the great comments. We hope you have you back as a guest soon.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in the hotel 4 nights, a family of 5 with three small children. Had a 1 bedroom suite with two queens and a full kitchen. The room is very comfortable. Lots of room for all of us.
The hotel has a small free water park that the kids enjoyed greatly. It serves a complimentary breakfast which is fine and a few days a week has a social dinner in the afternoon - once again complimentary.
It has free laudry - washing and drying machines.
It has a little movie hall with american comfort chairs. We picked a movie, booked the room, and had our own private screening.
The staff was very friendly all along our stay.
Easy access to the 215 highway so it's easy to get in to Salt Lake City.
We've stayed in many hotels over the past few weeks. This was definitely the best.

Room Tip: We had room 241 which was very near to the water park and very convenient with the kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Wow, thank you for all the great comments. We always love when our guests enjoy everything at our hotel, including our waterpark, Sport Court, and Just-Like-Home Theater. We look forward to seeing you again!
Eastlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am typically a Hampton Inn kind of guy, but on a recent business trip to Salt Lake, I had to stay at the Staybridge Suites. I was definitely surprised at how nice this hotel was. Checking in was a breeze and the girls at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The room itself (a one bedroom suite) was clean, spacious, and featured a fully stocked kitchen and two flat screen TV's. The bed was comfortable as well, and there were a variety of pillows to choose from. The breakfast bar was also good, featuring bacon, waffles, bagels, and cereal. My lone complaint was that the air conditioning was only able to be turned down to 65. I usually like some background noise while I sleep, so when the a/c unit kicked off, I woke up numerous times. Thankfully, the fan was able to run continuously without the a/c, so I had my background noise for the rest of my stay.

The hotel is located near a large shopping area with numerous dining options (In-N-Out Burger!), Lagoon Amusement Park is about 20 minutes away, and the downtown area is just a short drive. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. It definitely exceeded my expectations and I would stay here again if I am ever in the Salt Lake area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Sounds like you had a great stay. Thanks for the great comments, we always appreciate feedback as we are always looking to get better. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Salt Lake City anytime you are in the area.
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have a branch that I have to see from time to time and I get to stay here. Actually my company has several "Direct Bill" hotels in this area and I have stayed at all of them...once, except this one. I have stayed here many times and will always. The service is excellent...they seem to care. I like the breakfast and love the fact that they have dinner on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. I generally done eat there but it is nice to know that if I am too tired to go out and eat I can walk down into the lobby and grab something. Keep up the great job....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing our hotel, especially when you have so many other options. We appreciate all of our business partners. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding customer service, the Front Desk clerks will be glad to hear they are doing a great job!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had to stay there for more than two weeks to take care of my brother who was being treated at Intermountain hospital. The manager John was most accomodating and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, including: great value for the excellent immaculate rooms, buffet breakfast, weekday "happy hour" which can easily serve as dinner, free laundry, faultless internet and business facilities, and most of all, the friendly staff and the unfailing prompt and efficient service. The kitchen is sufficient for cooking three meals a day for more than two weeks, and it made an otherwise stressful and exhausting stay pleasant and restful. Even though the hotel gets a lot of kids on the weekend due to the waterpark and we'd prefer quieter weekends, it was never disruptive at night and I can see how families with kids would really enjoy the facilities. It is a great all around hotel for vacation or business.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if a quiet room is important to you
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We really appreciate the kind comments and the time you took to post your review on Trip Advisor. We were glad we could deliver such a great stay during such a trying and stressful time for you and your family. We hope your brother is doing better, and invite to stay with us under better circumstances.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed here in late Jan 2012. Nice hotel, clean. Stayed in a one bedroom suite, nice space, with a mini-kitchen set up which includes dishes and cookware.

They have a hot/cold buffet each morning with eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, etc. It is not fancy, but its good, and fills you up. The coffee is great.

This hotel also has an indoor waterpark with giant spa, a movie room with recliners, free laundry room and smaller exercise area.

The location is about 5 min from SLC airport and 10-15 min from downtown. It is right next door to the Maverik Center. There are decent places to eat, all within 5 min drivetime.

If your looking for something less expensive, clean, good, this is your place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review, its always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City? Share your experiences!