I booked this hotel through hotels.com because there was a lot going on in the area and hotels.com only offers hotels were there are vacancies. I travel for work, good internet is a plus - it's hard to find reviews detailing the strength and quality of the internet - they claimed to have high speed wifi and they did not. In fact, when I talked to the front desk clerk, she verified they've been have problems with it, but no one had yet to complain. I investigated myself and turns out they are piping DSL across he wifi, in a motel with more than a hundred rooms. Ugh. I had a video conference and a scouting report to do, I had to do it over the phone with a very patient intern, which was not ideal, but at least I didn't get fired.
The rooms are supposed to be non-smoking but the whole place reeks. REEKS. I walked down my hall, all the rooms are labeled but the hall was thick with smoke, las vegas casino style.
The claim to be pet friendly, but two staff members I ran into - with my fifteen pound lab pup - acted UTTERLY TERRIFIED of the dog and one went as far as to run behind the desk and cower. Yikes. At this point, I actually commented about how hard it must be for her to work in a dog friendly place.
Homeless people hang out on the lawn in the front of the building. Doesn't exactly make you feel safe to leave your car full of road trip cast offs.
The bathroom was clean and sparsely outfitted. The beds were 5/10 comfy.
All and all, if you don't need the internet, don't care about your choices on the TV, don't mind the cigarette smoke ambiance, then it's fair for the price, even if the location kind of sucks, and decently clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West is convenient to the airport and all area attractions. From here, it is an easy drive to Energy Solution Arena (Utah Jazz), Maverik Center(E-Center), Hale Theater, and Rice Stadium. Visit the Brigham Young Monument, Kennicot Copper Mine, and Hogle Zoo. Head downtown to Temple Square and Crossroads Plaza. You will find plenty of golf courses nearby and shopping at Fashion Place and Valley Fair Malls. The La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West has comfortable and spacious standard rooms and for extended stay, two-room suites, themed spa suites, and executive suites. We have meeting facilities with fax/copy services at the front desk, and for your enjoyment, an indoor heated pool and a fitness center. Our friendly staff sets up our Free Bright Side Breakfast each day. We are near the HWY 215 and 3500 South. Our location is convenient for visitors to Pioneer Valley Hospital, Camp G. Williams (Utah National Guard), and Brigham Young University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West Hotel West Valley City
- La Quinta West Valley City
- West Valley City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West West Valley City, Utah