You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
Cortez, Colorado
“Filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This property was so dirty and filthy that I hardly dared touch anything. The trash and the odors were also troublesome. I would never recommend this place. Don't stay here. The outside of the property was dirty and full of trash and the inside matched. Dirty common areas. The only clean area was my bathroom. The elevator and halls were terrible. There was a trashroom in the hall and you could smell it from the other end of the hallway. The chair in our room was so dirly we didn't dare sit in it. The rug in our room was dirty and stained and we did not dare walk barefoot. We had a king size bed with a twin blanket. The room would have been passable if it had not stunk so bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Anna - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The lack of cleanliness in your room and common areas you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we have implemented a daily check list for our janitorial cleaning crew, GM is checking every single guest room after housekeepers are done and we are making sure that member of the management team is walking entire property 2x per day to ensure your experience is not repeated. I also wanted to point out that our property is going to be fully renovated this year which will take care of issues such dirty carpets in common areas and guest rooms. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Still, I am pleased that you found our location and service up to par.

Please contact me, at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I made an advance reservation for this hotel, after reading poor reviews of a number of other properties in the same area. It was only one mile from a business I was visiting, and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality for the price-range. The grab-and-go breakfast assortment was nice. The only (minor) glitch was that the front-desk was closed when I left at 6:40AM, so I couldn't get a receipt. I just slid my keycard under the closed, sliding partition for the front desk area. The room and bathroom were clean and fresh. Bed was fine. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You can safely choose this property.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your nice review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the price-range, breakfast and convenient location. It's great to hear that the room was very clean and comfortable for your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you were unable to get a copy of your receipt at check out as it was before our front desk was open, I would be happy to email, fax or mail you a copy of your receipt. Please just let me know if you would like for me to do that.

Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Rates were below average and the value was above. The kitchen had the bare basic (pot and a set of plates plus utensils). The area is an older area and does not have all the various restaurants that the downtown area has. There is a large mall about 1/2 mi away. The biggest complaint is when Maverick Area has a game it takes almost 30 min to get back into the hotel because it is on a side street

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the value, service and quality. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the location being close to an event center; however, we do have quite a few restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance. We are also very close to the traxx station for public transportation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Breakfast was 1 hour and super early I got over charged for a 3ed person and that charge was for breakfast even that I didn't eat once, and no blow hair dryer, once a week service. Change your own sheets and walk to the front desk for towels and bring your old towels same with sheets. Check your bed soon is you walk in to the room. The room or super hot or super cold. Housekeep your self.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. We have our breakfast available every morning from 6 AM to 9:30 AM free for all of our guests. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are inspecting all of our rooms daily to ensure that our rooms are very clean and comfortable for our guests. Also we do have once week full service housekeeping and additional services those guests can arrange at the front desk. We are more than happy to exchange towels and linen at the front desk as often as needed. We also have blow dryers, dish soap, toilet paper, bar soaps and other items available at the front desk for guest by request. I am sorry that you did not have a blow dryer during your stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss your charges or additional comments further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wvc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

First time stay, really nice hotel. Sweet polite staff. I liked the fact it had a kitchen, microwave. Very nice. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Excellent prices for what the room is. Location very close to stores, food, and Hyw..

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff, kitchen, beds and location.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
La Verkin, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Scary, dirty, and couldn't wait to leave. We pulled up to the property and was immediately disappointed by trash overflowing in garbage cans, dirty windows, and questionable residents that I felt unsafe to be around. Inside our room reeked of cigarette smoke. When I asked to switch rooms, the staff was nice enough to bring a bottle of Febreeze instead. They even admitted how badly it smelled despite the room being a Non-Smoking room. The carpet was so dirty we kept our shoes on and the bedspread had cigarette burns in it. By far, the absolute worst place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Rheanna - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness and the smell of smoke in your non-smoking room. To uphold our company's high standards, I am going to be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies. As well, please know, we are scheduled for a refresh in December of 2013. This hotel will be non-smoking moving forward, and, as a new general manager that was placed at this hotel, I can assure you we will be clean and odorless moving forward.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at wvc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Orem, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Extended Stay America in WVC is by far the WORST hotel I have EVER encountered. It was absolutely vile. We booked through Hotwire for our anniversary, and frankly I don't think I'm ever going to do that again. It was bad enough I called Hotwire in a panic and got a refund, and we went back home instead. There were transients, and dirty diapers in the hallway. Some homeless persons stuff by the front door of the place, it smelled so badly of smoke in the elevator that I nearly had an asthma attack, the toilet was filthy, one of the pillowcases had a blood stain on it, the ceiling had obvious water damage, and the drywall near the door was cracked.

Room Tip: No swimming pool, so I don't know why it made me choose an option. There are no good rooms here...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center? Share your experiences!