“Was very,very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center

You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in West Valley City
Citrus Heights, California
“Was very,very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Husband found this through Priceline ,so didn't know what to expect or what shady area of town we would end up in. When we pulled up I was thrilled- great area, terrific places to eat nearby, the building and parking lot looked great!
Inside was wonderful- very quiet ( a must!), room was clean, spacious and modern, and loved the kitchen and all it's amenities! It was high 90's outside but the air con was great. The front desk was so kind and helpful and dont make you feel like a bother. They even called our room to see if we liked it and everything was in order! We travel to Utah a lot so I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: We just prefer the ground floor when staying for a while and hauling lots of stuff. They do have sui...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had several issues with this hotel. Lots have been mentioned in other reviews such as beds hard as a rock. Pillows were oh so small. Very dated building, looks like they have new carpet and paint but still run down looking. Room smelled strongly of disinfectant. A/C barely worked, had to turn it to 60 (thats as far as it would go down) and it was still hot in there. Door to the room was sprung in the frame and you had to push the door open and closed because it would hit the edge of the door frame when closed and either not close all the way or be stuck when opening. Place had the general odor of extended stay places, the combined odor of many people cooking different things. No dishwashers and only one tiny pot to cook with.

The only pluses were nice tv's and Internet was decent.

So glad to get out of here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay atour hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice place to stay, especially for an extended stay like ours. The kitchen was clean, as well as the bathroom, etc. The front desk clerk was happy to provide us with extra toilet tissue, extra coffee pods, and even a needle & thread upon request. The bed was very comfortable, but I would have liked to have a cover on the mattress instead of just the sheets. My only real complaint is that the fan in the bathroom did not run independently of the bathroom light. It was very noisy, and I would have liked to be able to turn on the light in the bathroom, without having to hear that fan. It should be rewired so that a person can turn on the fan only when needed. Otherwise, our stay was great and we would stay there again. The price was certainly "right!"

Room Tip: We stayed in the studio/queen and were quite comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Please know that we have taken the feedback you provided in regards to the bathroom fans to heart, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I rolled up after 8 hours on the road. I was tired and dusty. Christian was very gracious, he "talked" me in off of the highway! Colleen suggested I put 31 October as my final day - the apartment had fallen through. Good call as I didn't get out of there until the 26th. Housekeeping was courteous and barely blinked an eye at my sleeping pad. The ladies just made up the bed as usual. I got supplies and advice whenever I asked for it and even a few moments of just chatter if I needed it. They are knowledgeable about the area and didn't fall apart when the lights went out. Or when the fire alarm went off at 3 in the morning! If I hadn't had to get on with my life I'd probably still be there!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We booked this hotel unsure about what we would get. All in all it was perfect. Clean and safe. We arrived really late after a long day of driving and we had to buzz the front desk person. It was nice to know that the doors were locked at night and no one could get in without a key. It was not an outside motel which gave me a sigh of relief. It wasn't a fancy hotel, but it did the job. Clean showers, and although the rooms looked a little worn, they were clean too. If you're on a road trip, this is a perfect stop.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
salt lake city, Utah, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

i stayed for 3 nights they didn't service the room not one time, i called and they said i wasn't on a list, i woke up last day i stayed and didn't want to call again to request service, so i left to another hotel. no shampoo or lotion, no dish soap nothing, just some toilet paper and couple of towels that i used for the entire stay. price is OK for this place, but i think anything over 26.00 a night is to much for this place. internet was very slow like 60mbs but it did stay steady and didn't disconnect not one time. their is so many choices here in slc/west valley i won't stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
azsunshine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

Let me first state even though there were problems, the current manager, Jim, is outstanding in correcting problems and making things right. He is a credit to his profession.
First the good things: staff is great except for Samantha. Shower pressure is so wonderful, I actually miss it. It was a quiet room even though we faced parking lot, although pipes did make noise here and there, but nothing bothersome.
Beware there are no data ports. You must pay their charge for wi fi.
The channels were very limited,no guides except a Nov 08 movie channel guide.No pens, paper or envelopes in room.
The kitchen was unacceptably dirty. We went out to eat and I came back and scrubbed EVERYTHING down as this was the reason I choose these hotels,so I don't have to go out to eat if it is a long day.
No shampoo,conditioner or blow dryer in room, so ask at check-in BEFORE about to step in to shower.
I had never stayed at an Extended Stay before.They are better than some and not as good as others, and not as good as it could be. Other chains offer much more "homier" amenities that I think are worth paying just a few dollars more for such as vcr's and free movies, mini marts and bathroom rugs; especially for business travelers and families.
Sorry no photos, but simply, what you see on the sight is not what you get.

• Liked — movie theatre across street, lots of restaurants around, close to grocery store
  • Disliked — Finding the kitchen too dirty to use
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - West Valley Center? Share your experiences!