“Great hotel in West Valley City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn West Valley City

Save Saved
You added Crystal Inn West Valley City to your Saves list
Crystal Inn West Valley City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2254 West City Center Court, I-215, Exit 18, West Valley City, UT 84119   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in West Valley City
“Great hotel in West Valley City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Free shuttle from and to the airport was a great plus. Rooms were spacious and the queen beds were comfortable. Mini fridge and microwave in every room. Ironing board and iron in the room which I needed to use. 4 lamps all had plug ins so we all were charging our cell phones and iPads at the same time. Great restaurants close by and Cracker Barrel across the street. The only bad thing that I can say about my stay was the lighting over the double sinks were not bright enough. My daughter and I had a hard time putting our makeup on correctly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place was nice and clean. It was close to resturants and things to do. There was a microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge. All of the lamps had plug in outlets which I love. The free breakfast was standard but very good. I wish they had vending machines but they had a little store where I could get water and other things. The staff was nice. They arranged for pick-up to and from the airport and to the place I needed to be for an intrview. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a nice stay in this hotel. It was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. There was a microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge as well as a little sitting area with a love seat, chair and coffee table. There was also a little table and two chairs or eating at. All the lamps had plug in outlets which is very convenient for charging electronics and such. The shower was hot and consistant. The only complaint I really could think of, was the first night we stayed there was a lot of teenagers staying there and they were very noisy. It was a little tough to get to sleep with all the stomping and doors slamming. The lobby included a little area to buy snacks and drinks. Very convient. The hotel served breakfast but we always left to early to eat there. Also we used the computers in the lobby and they allowed us to print our flight tickets there. That was a big plus. All in all it was a great stay and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Where to begin; I can truthfully say that this motel has everything imaginable for the road weary traveler. I can very critical but can find nothing to complain about. Oh well, I guess that leaves only positives to comment upon. The price is exceptional, with the value far exceeding the normal fare.

Although I'm staying in the basic room with no extra frills, it's extremely clean and well appointed, with a flat screen T.V. and a great selection of channels including at least five HBO channels. The bed is very comfortable and the selection of pillows will satisfy those who prefer feather or foam.

The breakfast is exceptional, with real hash browns and a variety of the other usual offerings such as scrambled eggs with salsa, and a variety of fruit, yogurt, and cottage cheese. They even have what tastes like homemade pastries. This morning there were home fries instead of hash browns in the buffet.

I went in the hot tub, which is located indoors next to the pool and I was all by myself. The walls must be soundproof because it's extremely quiet. I heard a baby crying in the hallway but when the couple entered their room the sound was immediately gone.

The furniture looks brand new, and there is ample lighting and room for my two computers, scanner and printer for the work I can't seem to be able to escape. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I even got a call from the front desk warning me that my GPS navigator was still on in my rental car and that it may be a good idea to turn it off to save the battery. The person who called had been doing a sweep of the parking lot, although I can't see why that would be necessary because the area seems quite nice.

The motel is situated near many well known restaurants, such as the Crackle Barrel which is right across the street. There is a movie theater complex a couple of blocks away.

I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: No freeway noise that I can tell. I stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Green River, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very disappointed with our stay here. Our room smelled a bit like cigarette smoke when we checked in. In the morning, our room smelled terrible, cigarette smoke was coming in from another roo through the bathroom vent.

Breakfast was ok, not great.

After breakfast, we came back to the room to shower, and there was no hot water. The front desk said their boilers were working and they had called someone to check the water. The water did warm up a bit, but never got hot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Aside from some initial difficulties connecting to the Internet we had a great stay. Rooms were just what we needed. Good location for hockey games and train to town. Food options are very close. Also felt the rooms were value for money. The cinema in the mall nearby was very good, if its a rainy day.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sadly after messing up on billing several times, and not willing to be helpful they denied a request for partial refund. Even the owner said he was sorry they weren't up to my standards and hopefully I will find somewhere better to stay upon our next visit to Utah!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Inn West Valley City? Share your experiences!