“This was a nice and clean hotel and great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn West Valley City

You added Crystal Inn West Valley City to your Saves list
Crystal Inn West Valley City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2254 West City Center Court, I-215, Exit 18, West Valley City, UT 84119   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
Gillette, Wyoming
“This was a nice and clean hotel and great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a nice stay in this hotel. It was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. There was a microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge as well as a little sitting area with a love seat, chair and coffee table. There was also a little table and two chairs or eating at. All the lamps had plug in outlets which is very convenient for charging electronics and such. The shower was hot and consistant. The only complaint I really could think of, was the first night we stayed there was a lot of teenagers staying there and they were very noisy. It was a little tough to get to sleep with all the stomping and doors slamming. The lobby included a little area to buy snacks and drinks. Very convient. The hotel served breakfast but we always left to early to eat there. Also we used the computers in the lobby and they allowed us to print our flight tickets there. That was a big plus. All in all it was a great stay and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Where to begin; I can truthfully say that this motel has everything imaginable for the road weary traveler. I can very critical but can find nothing to complain about. Oh well, I guess that leaves only positives to comment upon. The price is exceptional, with the value far exceeding the normal fare.

Although I'm staying in the basic room with no extra frills, it's extremely clean and well appointed, with a flat screen T.V. and a great selection of channels including at least five HBO channels. The bed is very comfortable and the selection of pillows will satisfy those who prefer feather or foam.

The breakfast is exceptional, with real hash browns and a variety of the other usual offerings such as scrambled eggs with salsa, and a variety of fruit, yogurt, and cottage cheese. They even have what tastes like homemade pastries. This morning there were home fries instead of hash browns in the buffet.

I went in the hot tub, which is located indoors next to the pool and I was all by myself. The walls must be soundproof because it's extremely quiet. I heard a baby crying in the hallway but when the couple entered their room the sound was immediately gone.

The furniture looks brand new, and there is ample lighting and room for my two computers, scanner and printer for the work I can't seem to be able to escape. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I even got a call from the front desk warning me that my GPS navigator was still on in my rental car and that it may be a good idea to turn it off to save the battery. The person who called had been doing a sweep of the parking lot, although I can't see why that would be necessary because the area seems quite nice.

The motel is situated near many well known restaurants, such as the Crackle Barrel which is right across the street. There is a movie theater complex a couple of blocks away.

I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: No freeway noise that I can tell. I stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Green River, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very disappointed with our stay here. Our room smelled a bit like cigarette smoke when we checked in. In the morning, our room smelled terrible, cigarette smoke was coming in from another roo through the bathroom vent.

Breakfast was ok, not great.

After breakfast, we came back to the room to shower, and there was no hot water. The front desk said their boilers were working and they had called someone to check the water. The water did warm up a bit, but never got hot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Aside from some initial difficulties connecting to the Internet we had a great stay. Rooms were just what we needed. Good location for hockey games and train to town. Food options are very close. Also felt the rooms were value for money. The cinema in the mall nearby was very good, if its a rainy day.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sadly after messing up on billing several times, and not willing to be helpful they denied a request for partial refund. Even the owner said he was sorry they weren't up to my standards and hopefully I will find somewhere better to stay upon our next visit to Utah!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Clearfield, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

One Night stay. Room was Nice and Clean. Bed a bit hard from our tastes. Location is good for Utah Grizzlies Hockey Games. Breakfast was good, but could use a few more choices, but not bad for a Hotel. Faucet would not shut off, had to climb under the sink each time to turn on and off when needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington Terrace, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were attending an event at the Maverik Center and decided to give the Crystal Inn a try due to its convenience to the arena. We did not have high expectations of the room or hotel.The staff at check in was great and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised by our suite. It was clean, spacious and quiet. The breakfast buffet also exceeded expectations. We were very happy with our stay.

An hour after we left we realized that we had left a wedding ring in the room. We both remembered seeing it that morning next to the coffee maker. We did not use the coffee maker in the morning.

Upon returning to the hotel, the front desk paged the housekeeping manager. She checked the room and said there was no sign of the ring. I asked if I could go to the room and look for the ring. The housekeeping manager came down and insisted that she accompany me to the room. The entire time we were going to the room she was really defensive and explaining that they always turn found items in and I should just trust her that the ring was not there. As we got to the room, I showed her where the ring was left. The ring was not there. The worst part was the house keeper told me that i could not prove I had left the ring there.

I returned to the front desk and had them phone the manager. She had them tear the room apart to look for the ring. I called my attorney friend just to make sure I was handling everything right. He recommended that I file a police report. As I was in the process of calling the police, the housekeeping manager came down with the ring. She said that they found it in the refrigerator. We never even opened the refrigerator during our stay. The ring was also not cold or even cool. If it had been in the fridge, it would have at least been a little cool.

I am glad we got the ring back. I am so disappointed that this ruined an otherwise perfect stay. Sophie, the housekeeping manager, was not professional in handling the situation. I am sorry but I cannot stay at a hotel where I can't trust the housekeeping staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Valley City
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Wes...
#5 of 12 in West Valley City
4.0 of 5 stars 157 reviews
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt ...
#14 of 74 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 stars 493 reviews
Baymont Inn Salt Lake City/West Valley
Baymont Inn Salt Lake City/West ...
#10 of 12 in West Valley City
3.5 of 5 stars 262 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, West Valley City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#7 of 12 in West Valley City
3.5 of 5 stars 103 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#1 of 12 in West Valley City
4.5 of 5 stars 281 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt Lake/West Valley City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt La...
#2 of 12 in West Valley City
4.5 of 5 stars 411 reviews

Been to Crystal Inn West Valley City? Share your experiences!