“vacation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn to your Saves list
Knights Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   505 E Wendover Blvd, P.O. Box 538, Wendover, UT 84083 (Formerly Heritage Motel)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wendover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Perris, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My number one recommendation: Do NOT bring your family! The front desk acted as if they were bored with life; other than raising his head, the morning person didn't acknowledge me (even though I said, "Good morning"). Breakfast was cereal, coffee and bread (no toaster? nothing fresh...with virtually every hotel/motel offering breakfast, who doesn't have waffles?!?!?!). Room needs new (or at least clean) carpet; it was old, worn-out and had mosquitoes; A/C produced a foul odor; towels were ragged; sink was stained; sink counter had been poorly repaired (sagging from wall...thick with caulking); A/C was plugged into an outlet hanging from the wall (dangerous?); shower/tub was stained; bathroom needs repairs; TV worked; parking lot is thrashed (pot holes, no landscaping, needs repaired). Overall, a cheap and dirty place. Do NOT bring your family!!! I stayed here because I'm a Wyndham "owner"; I was traveling alone and it was the least expensive (cheap!!!) -- no way would I have stayed if I knew the conditions....it would have been worth an extra 5, 10 or 15 bucks to relax. This is a very low quality motel. Do NOT bring your family!

Room Tip: GO elsewhere...especially if you have a family.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
You say you are a wyndham "owner" so you should know that the knights inn franchise does not require the owners to serve our guests with breakfast but we still do for free. Also you said we have no toaster but we do have a toaster. You also can not expect to get waffles if you are paying only $35 a night. Our hotel has outdoor rooms so it is obvious there will be mosquitoes looking at the hot weather. If you were not comfortable staying at the hotel you could have spoke with an employee. Any ways we apologize for the inconvenience.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is not a 5 or 4 star hotel, but if you pay for a 1 star hotel and get a decent room that is clean with towels and the tv works you are ahead of the game. The front desk clerk was super friendly and just a pleasure to speak with. I wouldn't recommend bringing the wife and 6 kids, but who brings a family to Wendover. You save a couple of bucks by staying here then cross the border to Nevada and give the money you saved to the casinos. If you want fancy accommodations then you better look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you really want a good room, try a more expensive hotel, If you want a decent room wait until th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank You very much for this review. Thanks for your honesty
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The carpet was a little dirty, so bring some slippers! But the sheets and towels were clean. The wall sockets were kinda finicky, but all worked. I booked the room 3 days before I got there, and when I arrived I asked for a room with a microwave and a fridge, I got one with no problem. It was supposed to be one king bed, but I got two queen, which wasn't a big deal because it was just me anyways. There is a family dollar store right next door which was really convenient for grabbing snacks and other little things. Overall a good value for the price!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank You very much for taking out some time and writeing a review for us.
Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were not at all impressed by this motel. The room was ok, but the beds were awful. Also, the whole motel can use some paint and cleaning up. We chose it because it had the best price, but we got what we paid for. Also, the clerk made a mistake and only booked us for one night, when we were supposed to be there for two, and yes he did correct his mistake. I doubt that we will choose this motel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sorry for the problems you faced. We are slowly trying to improve our hotel. Thank You
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I did not expect a great motel in this area of Utah. I was on a cross country road trip and passed through Wendover. However, the Knights Inn totally changed my perception of Wendover. The motel was very cheap and affordable. I decided to stay for another night because of the great casinos down the block. I had a nice time with my family and would love to come back to this motel again. The bed was comfortable and big for the price. I only paid $45 !!!! I loved it !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank You very much really appreciate it.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Spent one night here and found the room to be large and clean. It's not a modern casino motel but the bed was comfortable and the staff were business like and polite. Another plus is that it's not in the middle of the casino strip but a few blocks away so you're not in the traffic and noise.
I'd give it five stars if it had a digital flat screen TV. Still much more relaxing that staying in a casino.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank You very much for your honesty. We really appreciate it.

Been to Knights Inn? Share your experiences!