“Good price, but some things weren't so good...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn

You added Knights Inn to your Saves list
Knights Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   505 E Wendover Blvd, P.O. Box 538, Wendover, UT 84083 (Formerly Heritage Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
West Valley City, Utah
“Good price, but some things weren't so good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

When we checked in the front desk tried telling us we only had one room booked and we had two (one for me and my husband, one for our niece), at least that was corrected quickly but we found other issues. When we went up the back stairs, the cement was broken on one of the lower steps (I did see a review where someone else reported this the hotel responded that the stairs are made of metal - yes, the framework is metal but the steps are filled in with cement). Only one of the keys to our room worked (niece didn't report any problems), and another guest walked by and said she'd had to change rooms twice because the key didn't work (and the next morning the working key stopped working too, luckily one of us was still inside our room). On the inside, the room was poorly-lit, the bathroom was filthy, and the doors didn't close properly - they would bounce back and stay open if we weren't watching. After our lights were out for the night and our niece had returned to her room, another couple opened the door and started to come in, and apologized when they realized they were in the wrong room, we suspect the door hadn't been closed right because our niece was unaware of the problems, is why they were able to come in at all.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness center, but since there isn't a choice for "non-applic...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
West Valley City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Just a few surprises.only 1 of our 2 key cards worked. Make sure you pull hard to latch the door. It opened on us several times.a couple actually got into our room by mistake. Be careful getting in and out of the tub.it is a long ways down steeping out of the tub. The motel did serve its purpose. I got a decent sleep. Also put a towel on the floor in the bathroom because the floor is cold. The clerks at the front desk were excellent.nice people.
I would stay here again now that I know where everything is.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Friendly, helpful guys in the office. Basic small fridge, microwave, etc. Basic TV with cable. The sign on the back of the door said wifi but I didn't try it. Stains on the carpet, walls, ceilings, etc but the room was fairly clean - carpet could have used a little vacuum but it wasn't bad. Towels and sheets were good. No bugs at all. Under $45. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank You for taking out some time to write a review for our hotel. Hope to see you again.
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stopped here during cross-country trek. Basic accommodations. Skipped the continental breakfast in favor of driving down the street to the Nevada side of town for the $2.99 breakfast at the casino. Friendly staff and good price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank You very much taking out some time and reviewing our hotel. Hope to see you again!
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I chose this motel for my recent visit to Wendover because all I needed were basic accommodations and did not want to pay extra for extravagance that I did not need. This Knights Inn delivered excellent value - fully satisfactory for my needs - and at a surprisingly good price.

This is an older motel, and while the property does show some signs of age, my room was average to good condition overall, and although there were a few minor stains on the carpet, the room itself was quite clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The beds were comfortable and delivered a good night's sleep. The in-room climate control unit functioned satisfactorily and delivered adequate heat during the cool nights. The internet connection worked flawlessly, and I had no trouble connecting to it.

The staff was cordial and friendly and eager to be helpful. One minor problem with my reservation at check-in was quickly resolved the next morning by a very helpful team member. Due to an unexpected personal emergency, I had to check out a day early (staying 2 nights rather than 3) and the process was handled quickly and efficiently.

Knights Inn is a member of the Wyndham family of hotels, and various discounts, including AARP, are available when booking through the Wyndham Rewards website. I booked the AARP rate for a 3 night stay, arriving on a Saturday night, and was very pleased with how low it was - and this was a major factor for me in choosing this motel. On previous visits to Wendover, I had stayed at the nearby Motel 6, which was satisfactory, but the Knights Inn delivered a better stay experience and, at least with the AARP rate, at a lower rate.

This is probably the best choice in town for travelers looking for functional accommodations at a good price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank You very much taking out some time and reviewing our hotel. We really appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

the guy who owns the place is awesome the rooms are huge and super clean. I spent half the price I would have at the casino and felt like I had an excellent value. if o ever need to stay here again this iswhere iI'll go. they are so awesome.

• Stayed October 2013
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank You very much for taking time and writing a review for us. We are glad you had a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again. Thank You
berthoud
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was the first stay of our vacation. It was on the AARP list. The outside stairs are very dangerous and cement is falling off. The room is deplorable. I caught 4 bugs in our room. Their was a gap under the door. I had a bit on my face the next morning. It was a miserable night. This motel should not be offered on Expedia, AARP Travel Center. Cyndi N.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear customer,
The outside stairs are made out of metal not cement so how is it possible that cement was falling. Also we checked all of our rooms, there are no gaps under the doors. It is a outdoor motel and you must have let the door open that allowed bug in because their certainly aren't any bugs in the rooms. Any ways we apologize for the problems you faced.

Been to Knights Inn? Share your experiences!