“You Get What You Pay For” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn to your Saves list
Knights Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   505 E Wendover Blvd, P.O. Box 538, Wendover, UT 84083 (Formerly Heritage Motel)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Wendover
“You Get What You Pay For”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Room was shabby, had cob webs in corner, expected room to be cleaner. Was shocked that they would rent a room in that condition. Free continental breakfast was toast, cereal, juice, and coffee in the small lobby but no coffee was made. Toast was good! Wouldn't recommend staying here unless you are just looking for a cheap room. But beware...you get what you pay for.

oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Our breakfast times are from 6:30am to 9:30am. You came for breakfast at 10:30 that is why there was no more coffee. We even offered to make coffee. Our rooms do not have cob webs nor are they dirty. Our housekeeping staff cleans the rooms every single day. We still apologize for the problems you faced.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brigham City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The low price, free WiFi, and two TripAdvisor stickers on the office door led me to pick this motel for the last leg of my return trip to the SLC area, without reading reviews or even checking the room. An old, large CRT-TV was adequate and I was able to send email on my iPad. Continental breakfast and coffee in a small area in the front office. Surprised to see a used bar of soap in tub! Only $35, so I'll give it three out of five instead of two.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We are sorry about the used bar of soap you found in your room. That was a mistake by our maids. We are slowly trying to improve everything else in our rooms.
Folsom, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had been driving for over 700 miles and was tired. I checked other hotels, but they would not allow my dog to stay and the Knights Inn would. I checked in and went to my room. the carpet was so dirty and frayed. The room smelled and I just wanted to get some rest. the bed sheets were clean. I wanted to go fill the car with gas so i would'nt have to in the morning and the door would not lock. I went to the desk and the guy there had just come on duty and he came and could not get it to lock either so I was given another room. I did ask for a refund, but he said that he couldn't give me one. The next room was a smoking room and really smelled and the carpet was filthy there also. I slept on top of the sheets that night and the next morning when I brought the key to the desk. the owner would not even offer an apology. I have contacted Wyndham Resorts with a complaint also as they need to check there hotels to see that they are up to standards. They clearly missed the boat on this hotel. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wellington, Utah, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a bit rough, but it was clean, the room was kept, and the TV worked and so did the AC. The good news is that it came at the right price and it was close to where we were going. The night staff was friendly, but we did have to wait for them to come back to check in which was a bit inconvenient. The beds were not soft at all, so if you're looking for comfort it may not be great, but it will do for a last minute reservation or in a pinch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stansbury park, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

New Year's eve - every other hotel in Wendover was sold out - or so we thought. We booked two rooms. The rooms were dirty, we found spiders, the beds were lumpy and no support on the edges. It was cold and the heater was barely keeping it above 60 degrees. Management did nothing for us. We left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Sorry for the problems you faced. As you saw the motel rooms are outdoors so the spider could have came in when you opened the door. Also, it was very cold that day so it takes a few minutes for the heater to heat the room. You stayed at the motel on New Years Eve but why are you writing the review after five months? Our rooms get cleaned everyday and i am sure if you asked the management for help they would have done so. We still apologize for the problems you faced.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

For a guy like myself who spends a great deal of time on the road, budget locations like this really help. I tend to steer away from many of the more mainstream motels because the people who wait on you and work behind the counter give you the distinct impression that they want you to go away so they can get back to their soap opera. Not so here. The owners were friendly and catered to my specific needs as well as checking in on me daily making sure I was happy with my stay. The motel is definitely old, and as such is showing its age. This is however a locally owned outfit and costs of renovation being what they are, I do not fault the owners for an old stain in the carpet, or old utilities. Point being, I would highly recommend this stay to the passers-by on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank You for your great feedback. Glad you had a great stay.

Been to Knights Inn? Share your experiences!