“Not bad!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Wendover

Motel 6 Wendover
You added Motel 6 Wendover to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wendover
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   561 E Wendover Blvd, I-80 at Exits 2/410, Wendover, UT 84083   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
“Not bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Way better than the Mo6 in Winnemucca. Traveling with the dog so we had few options. Room 238 was around the back and super quiet. I was shocked that we got a king sized bed--what a luxury at a cheap motel. My usual beef is with pillows at nice joints and crappy ones. Most are too puffy and hurt my neck. No complaints here. Nice long flat pliable pillows and sheets that smelled clean and bleachy. They even had free wifi!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at this property, and stay at other Motel 6 locations from time to time when cheap, basic lodging is what I am looking for. And that is what this property offers.

The motel is located just east of the Utah/Nevada state line along the Business I-80 route through Wendover and is set back far enough from the highway so that road noise is not a problem. This is a traditional style Motel 6 that is in generally good repair. The rooms are not of the upgraded variety, but mine was clean and comfortable. The climate control worked well, the mattresses were comfortable, and the shower provided ample hot water.

On the plus side, the check-in process was handled by an efficient, pleasant person. i had a confirmed reservation but arrived very late - after 3:00am - but, unlike most Motel 6's, I did not have to check in through the small night window. The lobby was open, and I was able to complete the process there.

And, unlike most Motel 6 properties, the room had a "do not disturb" hangtag, which I appreciated, as I had arrived late and didn't want to be disturbed in the morning.

On the minus side, housekeeping services are provided only on an "on request" basis rather than automatically. Since my stay was only 2 days, I didn't bother to ask for service, but I assume that it would have been provided routinely had I asked. But as I've never seen such a practice at any other Motel 6, I mention it here, because it is a bit out of the ordinary, since housekeeping is a typically a standard service provided on a daily basis without having to be requested.

Also, I found that there was a considerable amount of trash left outside of guest room doors, and little seemed to be done to clean things up. My stay occurred right after a major motorcycle race event at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and motel occupancy was quite high with many race participants staying there. I did not encounter any problems or disturbances from the other guests - everyone was well behaved - but the grounds were quite messy with room debris such as pizza boxes, beverage containers, and other personal trash. I would have expected the management to keep the grounds in better shape, considering the occupancy levels and the amount of debris, since the guests themselves were not taking their trash to the appropriate bins.

Overall, this motel was pretty much what I've come to expect from Motel 6 and did deliver reasonable value for the money. Senior rates are available (10% off) to those 60 or older, and, as of this writing, booking via the brand website offers special internet rates that also happen to be 10% off. I've stayed here before, although it has been quite a while - and I would stay here again.

The 5 casinos of West Wendover, Nevada, are just a few blocks away, and there is a small supermarket nearby and a gas station/convenience store across the street. Fast food options, including McDonalds, are just up the road on the Nevada side of the line, past the Peppermill Casino.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying here on my way to Salt Lake City. I gave it an average rating last time but I'm giving it a very good rating this time. This is what I want from a Motel 6. Very clean, comfortable, cheap, no bad smell, internet was quick (though apparently not all rooms can access the wireless internet) and easy access to interstate. The staff are also very friendly and they actually smile but it was slow to check in because there was only one person there and about 4 other people waiting. I'd much rather pay a really low price and get a very clean room then pay more and get a renovated Motel 6. Its a great place for stopover. Even if you are coming to Wendover to go to the casinos, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Corning, Calif.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

we stayed at this motel while traveling from calif. to Kentucky,
and then stayed there again,on our return trip 2 weeks later.

office staff was friendly, Its a typical motel 6, doggie friendly

, AND ITS WHAT WE EXPECTED, BUT its not the (MGM HOTEL) STYLE.

everything is basic, but what a deal for 40 dollars.

you can pay 3.00 extra, for a micro and a fridge if you want one.

we plan to stay there again in the next few weeks on the way to wyoming..

Room Tip: we like it downstairs so we can park in front of our door. it was not noisy at this motel, while we...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The window did not close completely so the cold wind howled and blew the curtains all night long. The wind coming in the crack in the door was so loud it kept my husband awake all night. He finally got towels and stuffed them in the crack and in the window gap and put a chair under the doorknob to try to keep the wind out. We told the desk clerk which I believe to be the owner and he did not seem to care.

We stay mostly in Motel 6s when we travel and this is the worst one of all. Most are very nice and adequate for a good night sleep and a shower in the morning. NOT THIS ONE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I chose this because it had actually a fairly high ranking for this town...no clue how it got that ranking. First, you must know this town is actually a casino town right on the border of Nevada...if you haven't been through Nevada much, pretty much any major entry point into Nevada has a small casino town. So the hotel is likely to be full of drinking loud gamblers. However, the Nugget had billboards advertising rooms for $45...i'd certainly try the casino hotels if I'm in the area again before going here.
I was greeted by paint peeling off the doors of most rooms. Getting into your room can be tricky, as the handles and locks are funky. I helped an older couple with their room and it took several tries to get the door to open.
My particular room had no heat...the furnace just kept blowing very cold air, but luckily the front desk had portable heaters. If you want ice, I could ony find it by the front desk (and this is a big property if your room is in the back as mine was). There is no box of tissue provided (they turned what used to be a tissue holder into a small shelf). Very small counter space in the bathroom for your toiletries, despite it being a rather large bathroom. Finding a free outlet, particularly near the nightstand, is a challenge. And I kept smelling cigarette smoke wafting into my nonsmoking room.
Overall, I'd only stay here if there were no other options available. If you are going to stay here, try to get upstairs, as I suspect it would be noisy to be below someone else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Shelton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband is currently traveling for business purposes and had reservations at this hotel. He arrived early, at about 3am, and asked if he could please add another day to his reservations, so he could get some sleep. The man at the front desk was unwilling to help my husband, stating that he would have to call the hotel reservation number to add any days.
My husband and I both have worked for hotels and hospitality business. NEVER have I EVER heard such nonsense! Wouldn’t you think that with being a little hotel in a very little town, that maybe, just maybe, the guy at the front desk would have been happy to have the extra business? I know for a fact that if my husband or I would have ever turned down business, we would have been fired!

So, let me get this straight; you don’t take walk-in customers? Interesting… and sad.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Wendover? Share your experiences!