“Always a good stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Washington
Los Angeles, California
“Always a good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now in our family travels from LA to Colorado. Always a caring staff and the hotels rooms all feel well-kept and new. The only drawback on our latest visit was the wi-fi. I know they were having some problems with it, but even when it was working, the signal was weak and the speed was slow. I only bring this up because I still needed to do some work while I was on the road. Hopefully they can fix this soon. Otherwise, no complaints!

Room Tip: This hotel sits in Washinton, UT which is just north of St George by about 5 miles. Their is not an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was time for our summer vacation when my family and I travel north of Las Vegas for some R&R. We first enjoyed trail riding on beautiful horses in St. George witnessing one of the best sunsets ever. We then ate a a local restaraunt and due to the time decided to get rooms in nearby Washington, UT. When calling the Holiday Inn Express (I used this chain many times before), I was very pleased that this hotel had two rooms side by side and as usual they were very cleaned, welled stocked and furnished in contemporary decor. The children traveling with us enjoy the wonderful pool and after a good night's sleep we moved downstairs to a wonderful hot breakfast with lots of choices from drinks to pancakes. The pricing was very reasonable and the service was great. Many travelers were ther with their children and the breakfast items kept being replenished without long waits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is by far the best Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed at! The hotel and personnel are truly excellent. A nice lady named Keely gave me a great upgrade and was very friendly making me feel sincerely welcome. I stayed in a very spacious suite that had a nice fireplace in the living room and a big patio overlooking the hills. The interior was modern and the room offered more than enough comfort. Breakfast was great and the pool was good. I also enjoyed the fitness center. The hotel is conviniently located at the interstate exit and only an easy drive away from good restaurants as well as the national park. Awesome stay altogether! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Express_Coral_Canyon, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Your words are so kind! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As GM I do feel we have a great staff. I will let our Guest Service Representative you named know that she made an impression on you and that she made you feel welcome. She is a very sincere person. Thank you for giving us a high recommendation. I hope that our paths will cross in the future and I invite you to contact me prior to make sure you have another "awesome" stay.

Seaside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

While returning from Missouri to California, my wife and I stayed one night in this Holiday Inn Express. What a pleasant surprise (even taking into consideration that most Holiday Inns are very good)! The property appeared to be sparkling new, with exceptional styling and design. The employees were friendly and helpful, but I've come to expect that at all Holiday Inns. What I thoroughly loved was the surrounding area! My dog and I loved the expanses of lush grass to include a beautiful mini-plaza just steps from the inn's front entrance. Plus, we found a walking trail/bike path that led through a nearby development of very new homes and an elementary school. The neighborhood was gorgeous and even the few residents I passed waved with a friendly smile. I loved the fact that this Holiday Inn was secluded, however, I could understand the disappointment if folks wanted to be near shops and restaurants. You'd have to drive about five miles to reach those in the city of Washington. I would love to return here someday and explore the area more!

• Stayed June 2013
seattle, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice hotel right off the freeway. Seems like it is fairly new. The room was very spacious and clean which made it easy having two small children in the room with us. The breakfast was great! Much bigger selection than we were expecting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We just stayed here again on the way to and from the Grand Canyon North Rim. As usual, the stay was excellent! RV parking in the back always has space. Check in staff was friendly, the room was clean, the pool was warm and the hot tub bubbly. Breakfast has a good selection for everyone. We weren't even planning on staying here on the way home but the kids begged us for one more night here. Even the dog likes to relax here.The drive to North Rim was approximately 3 hours - 2 hours to Jacob Lake.

Room Tip: Room 220 and those nearby are close to the laundry and elevator. Rooms in the 120 range are in the m...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Express_Coral_Canyon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice on multiple occasions. The fact that your stay was again "excellent" and "check in staff was friendly" and "the room was clean" is a tribute to the real heart and soul of our property, our dedicated and hardworking employees. It sounds as if the entire family, including your dog were able to relax. On your next trip to our area, please contact me prior to your arrival. I would like the opportunity to meet you and thank your kids for begging you to return. I hope to see you soon in sunny St George Utah.

Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Another beautiful Holiday Inn Express that I stayed at in Utah. Everything was great and comfortable. No problems. Great nights sleep and the staff were all very accommodating!!! I visited Bryce Canyon and this was a perfect place to stay for that visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Express_Coral_Canyon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I see that you are from Ohio. You have been traveling across America! I personally thank you for allowing us to house you on your long road trip. I am so glad that you had a great night sleep and that you found that the "staff were all very accommodating!!!" Our goal is to exceed guest’s expectations and the fact that you experienced “no problems" is an indication that we have met your expectations. Continued safe travels and if you visit our area in the future please let me know in advance so I can make sure you next stay is equally "great and comfortable."

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington? Share your experiences!